translate

Wednesday 16 November 2016

DIARY OF AMAZING GRACE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. I just received a call from Guide Dogs to tell me they need to see me for after care. Oh, no… Dread dot com. The lady who comes out is my favourite after care person. She’s the best. But like most if not all guide dog owners, we dread that day. Just the thought of being watched. You have to remember all the commands that you were taught that you may have adjusted. Smile. The way you walk, that will be a laugh with my dodgy knee. Your hand motions and so on, then you have to pray your four-legged friend will perform. The thing I have found with both of my guide dogs is, when after care comes, they always walk taller, dogs that is, not person watching, and work better. Even if it is a route that you have done every day and your dog has been so bad on that walk. On day of after care they work so well. Seam to know what is going on.  So now what I need is a blown up version of my aftercare lady with a bit of string attached like a kite and drag her behind me. Hahaha. May get more odd looks than what I get already.

 

So, next Friday, Wonderful Wagging Woo has to be tested.

 

I had a dreadful night with my knee. No sleep hardly. Then Hub got up for work and I seemed to fall asleep. Gosh I am so pleased I have changed. Gone the days when I was a wreck waiting for Hub to leave the house, hoping he had everything, then not being able to wrest until I knew he was safely at work, now I have taught myself to put my mind elsewhere. Still need to know though when he has arrived. He has been so close to serious crashes of late. Cars having critical accidents right in front of him. It’s a long way to his office too.

 

My groceries came this morning. I wanted to get our poor turkey for Christmas for the family because I don’t want to panic last minute and find there are none, that happened last year believe it or not. We got one in the end, but there was a choice of three and normally about fifteen for our needs.

 

So, it didn’t have a weight not that I am any good at weights.

Lifting them or looking for food weights… it just read that would be suitable for 16 to 19 people…

Teen likes turkey.

Well, the person came with my shopping, a very nice person, not sure whether male or female… But sweet. They handed me the bag with the turkey in. oh my…. Oh, boy… Em! A cold sweat came over my face. I had to swallow hard. A pain in my throat. My heart was pounding. Firstly, poor turkey. I wish everyone could be vegetarians. Secondly, didn’t have a clue what to do with it?

It would feed a busy church and all of the residence around the church. No way that would fit into our freezer? And as for our stupid dolls oven?

So, would Christmas come early for my family?

 

I decided to take that to the freezer first. Leaving my bags in the kitchen. Carrying this enormous beast. I went into my garage and reluctantly opened the door of the freezer. Thankfully it’s quite empty. Oh, gosh, what had I bought?

 

To my astonishment, it fit on one shelf, with no room apart from a centimetre.

Few? As for the oven? I think it will be Okay if we only cook the turkey and we normally do that the day before anyway, as next day we have loads to go into our dolly oven. Next oven will be a humongous thing. I spend most of my life trying to get things into our oven and we won’t mention the hob?

 

Then the use of Tap Tap See on my IPhone it’s great, but it takes so long to let me know what certain things are. Most items I buy I know what they are, but there are some I don’t.

 

 I think there were three items today I wasn’t sure about. And it took roughly a minute to take the picture then wait for answers. I was lucky today, it worked first time sometimes you have to take two or three pictures per item. As sometimes I have the box or packet the wrong way.

 

Oh, still waiting to hear from the insurance people about our ceiling. Seriously it’s been a week today since the man came out. They apparently are still waiting for asbestos results. So today they got a piece of my mind. That piece that you wouldn’t want! I will phone them again tomorrow.

 

Going to meet my sweet fun friendly pal now. My friend Geordie. I can’t wait to see her. She is the sunshine in my life. I’m off to her house and I love it there. She and I used to live near to each other but now it’s a good fifteen minutes away. She lives in a very posh area with a huge drive with a roundabout in it. Not a children’s  round about or one on a road, but just a round island to drive around in her garden to park.

 

Teen says she is like a WAG. A footballer’s wife, or another description of her was like an actress from Sex in the City. Hahaha. I didn’t tell her that one. As not sure if it would be a compliment or an insult. He said she is my most glamorous friend. She is very tall slim and elegant. Her life is so different to mine but we have so much in common, like today, she went for a 6 mile run… Her clothes are stunning and she always looks beautiful but the funny thing is, each time I see her she compliments me and I think to myself, gosh, how can someone like you say anything good about me? Her Mum does the same, bless her, she always tells me nice things. Teen said her Mum looks so young, he would guess she was in her forties? Heck… Her Mum? As Geordie is the same age as me. So does Geordies Mum look the same age as me? By the way, the lady is in her seventies.

 

It’s windy out there, it’s like church bells in my garden with all of the wind chimes. Did I tell you Hub bought me a lovely gift? It is a beautiful wind chime for in doors that plays the first six notes of Amazing Grace. He knows it was my Mums favourite tune, well each time she heard it she cried. The first time I went to Russia for eye treatment, she hadn’t seen me for six weeks. I was taking to hospital, and she wasn’t allowed to visit… She never went out of her hotel room. She was ill with worry also never expected to be in Moscow that long so only took enough of her heart pills for two weeks. On week five she was asked by some Scottish people who also were in the hotel, to go on a Burns night with them to Red Square. Mum declined, but long and short of it, they got her to change her mind.

 

She went and the first tune the bag pipes played was Amazing Grace. Well, my Mum turned on her heal and went right back to the hotel to her room… The poor Scottish group didn’t know why? Until the next day when Mum told them the words to that song. “Was blind but now can see!” My Mum lived to find me sight bless her. Wherever she is now, if there is such a place as another land, and she has any say about what happens to me on earth, I’m sure she will be working to get me sight, unless she has learned that we all end up together in heaven and there is no disabilities up there. So my lesson on earth is to be blind… I keep saying, I have learned my lesson. I have been punished for whatever I have done. Please forgive and let me see? But so far, my prayer hasn’t been answered.

 

Right, later with love. Xx

No comments: