translate

Wednesday 9 November 2016

DIARY OF MRS BOUQUET BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello to Italy, Pakistan, Turkey, Austria, Netherlands, Brazil, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom and the United States, I am surprised you have time to read my blog at this point my American Bloggets, so glad you are here though and no matter what your views are on what has happened, I wish you the best of luck and I am sure that life will only get better for you. We don’t like who is in charge of our country, but we are not their friend. We only hope that they will do what is best for the country we live in. Some people in the UK are saying that Donald Trump will push the button, what a load of rubbish. As if it’s just in a cupboard next to the can of baked beans to push at his leisure? He would have to go through the army and much higher bodies first. And why on earth would he do this? He has I think five children, and eight Grand children, so why would he  blow up the world? The people who are saying this in the UK I guess are the same people who were against leaving the EU. But I have written enough on politics today, just welcome all the countries I have written about above and for all those who are reading every minute, love and hugs to you all.

 

Well I told you in my earlier blog that I was waiting again? For whom?

You may remember the leak in our ceiling from our shower room? I called the house insurance. Oh, my. I was waiting to get to talk to a human for about twenty minutes. Then was told that I needed to be transferred. Only waited a couple of moments spoke to who I had to and answered loads of questions. Then after he went away for the second time, he returned and told me that I would have to pay £333 access. I said Okay. It will be a lot cheaper than getting a tiler, plumber and someone to plaster the ceiling. He said that the only work they could do is the ceiling. Why? I’m not covered for leaks. Great. I then said well someone can look at the ceiling and floor boards upstairs then, and I know to get to them, the tiles and shower tray will have to be lifted, nightmare. But then I can get that fixed. He told me that it would be better if I just got it fixed myself. Rather than pay the money. I said no. I would have them fix it thank you?  He went away for the third time. We have paid £600 plus over the past two years to the same company for insurance and not made a claim once in fact we have not claimed forever the last time I tried to claim was when a unit fell and smashed all of my beautiful china, some antique and I was told as I was heartbroken to take a photograph, then digitally send the picture to them? I told her it was dust. She told me never mind still take the picture. I told her I was blind and couldn’t take a picture or technically send her anything. Long and short of it was, I didn’t claim. This time I am more determined especially after the man was adamant that I just pay myself and find the trades men to do the work.

 

I asked him did they not have people to come out like a  surveyor? He said they did, but he felt I would be better off getting three quotes from three different lot of people rather than their one person and then they would take it from there? I said no, I will have their person out please? So, then I was told another company would call me.

 

They phoned yesterday and told me someone would be out today between 12 and 5pm. I would get a call to say when they would be out though. Well it’s now almost 2.30 in the afternoon, no call yet.  So, for the two hour slot? I will call them in half an hour. I’m so cross with insurance companies. So just waiting to see what happens today, I bet no one comes out?

 

Teen really not well. He went to work at half six this morning but I think he has our, really bad flu or whatever we had. I just hope he is better for tomorrow as he is going away overnight will tell you more when he is back, as his ex I’m sure is reading this blog, and there are rumours that she is trying to get him back. That tis a joke, she has no chance.

 

We were invited to my brother and sister in laws house near Christmas for a dinner. I can’t believe it; Hub is working that weekend. One weekend per year and it’s that one. I’m stotting. He has inquired and can’t change his weekend not sure why? Such a shame. I’m also waiting to see how my friend is and find out when we are meant to be meeting for the day as she asked if we could meet up on the 3rd of December. The joke is, my other friend JB has asked if we can meet up for a lunch on the same day. I really want both to happen, we go no were for months and every time we seem to plan something something else comes up. I want to see JB though, so will text my friend again today but it’s difficult as her Mum is very ill and it all depends on how she is over the next few days. I hope all will be well, having said that, she the lady is ninety. But still my friends Mum no matter how old she is bless her, ninety and she broke her hip, she had a full hip operation awake. Yep, she was too old to put to sleep for the operation, especially with her breathing. Apparently, she was talking to the nurses during the operation. Bless her, she is a tough cookie.

 

We are sure we have a wasp nest in the loft and our Christmas decorations are up there. Hub bless him said he would go up even though his absolute fear is wasps. He is fine with anything else. I told him no way, he could bang his head off a nest or feel one and wouldn’t know until he touched it and if the queen is in there, no, not our Lizzie, but queen wasp, she will sting him badly. If a sighted person would go up at least they would be able to see it. Teen too scared. We even asked Shamrock, haha, all we need is a set of eyes, but she too is scared, not of wasps, but lofts. Seriously surrounded by hopelessness.

 

Hub and I watched a comedy classic last night. If you can ever get her video, please do. I laughed so much I thought I was going to die not being able to breathe. The program? Keeping up appearances.

Mrs Bucket, refers herself to Mrs Bouquet, an eccentric snob who has her post man terrified as well as her neighbours who dread Mrs Bouquet’s invites to her candle lit suppers. Even the local vicar hides from the bouncy jolly English speaking lady of her manner. Even the way in which she answers her phone is absolutely hilarious. As for her Sisters? Oh, my, one has land big enough for a pony as Mrs Bouquet tells everyone, as for the other two? Oh, my. One is a tart and the other? I have no words to describe her and as for her brother in law? Well he insists on gate crashing Mrs Bouquets fine dining parties in his string vest with his beer belly hanging over his trousers and that is only after he alerts the area of his arrival pulling up in his car that backfires smoke. Then of course there is Daddy. He is ex-army very old and still believes he is in the second world war, digging trenches in his bedroom. Oh, seriously, it’s the absolute best comedy. You can watch them over and over again.

 

Last night’s episode she bought a country manor for weekends. Much against her poor long term suffering Husband Richard. Only thing is, the manor was converted into flats so theirs wasn’t the whole house but a tiny loft area where by one of Bouquets guests ended up standing up and putting his head through the ceiling. Haha, I hope she doesn’t have the same insurance as I have?

 

I laughed so hard real belly laughs. Hub was in stitches too. It’s the best comedy ever no bad language no murders no sex apart from the supposed seductive way in which one of the sister’s dresses, but it is so far over the top, even her clothes are funny and thankfully  we have audio  It’s good old British humour.

 

Right, off to make this call to the insurance people again. Then I have a dog run with my name on but it’s so wet out there, I’m dreading it. Later with love, and that last image, hahaha. X

 

No comments: