translate

Saturday 5 November 2016

EVENING IN THE GLOW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A lovely evening the four of us enjoyed a Guy Fawkes supper and a laugh. Our fire is on; my lovely crackling candle is lit and the glow is coming from not only the fire but some flowers I have that light up in a vase on the coffee table.

 

Fireworks have been going off all over the area. Kids are home safe and all doors are locked. It’s late and Hub and I have just been watching the news where it featured Trump v Clinton. Gosh, her voice? It sounds like something that you would clean a pan with. As for Trump? Oh, my…. I have an image in my mind a friend told me what he looks like? She said when he speaks, his face disappears behind his mouth and all you see is a huge hole.

 

Missed a couple of phone calls today so played catch up tonight. My friend from where I used to live, two houses ago, is trying to get me to move back. Oh, my. I love her, and the area was lovely, just the people were dreadful and I’m not sure I want to live in a snobby place again as well as we have hardly lived here long. Just after she was telling me to move near her, she started to describe to me what the council are doing to her street and there about. They have dug up all the drives in her street for electric work. Even gardens, she said there are holes everywhere, I guess England’s Trump? Haha. The bus shelters are all getting renewed and if you want a bus you have to stand almost on the road. And they are putting a crossing at the top of her road so more holes.

 

Can you imagine if we did still live there? We wouldn’t get out of the house and this is to go on until the end of December. Obviously, their council must need to get rid of some money for the start of the year for budgets. Shocking.

 

Our dogs are going with June on their weekly dog walk tomorrow, they love it, but the weather is going to be so bad. I feel for June, but bless her she just says, she has boots, gloves and a thick coat. I still feel bad for her though, she is a lot older than us and I feel protective over her.

 

I started Christmas shopping a few days ago. Only thing I haven’t bought anything yet because I am like a rabbit in the headlights when it comes to gifts for people. I panic and don’t know what to buy  Hub is great he already has teens presents. I think there is one more to buy his biggest one then there is Shamrock, not sure at all what she will like, she doesn’t really have any hobbies. She has her own taste and I’m learning what that is, but will it be fast enough for Christmas?

 

I discovered a great place for teen and her to go. It’s a forest where there is a skiing area and a large ice rink. There is a maize where the trees are eight feet tall and it stretches for two miles. In the centre, there is a snow globe whir you look over the maize where there are musical instruments surrounded by lights around corners of the maize. There is a huge Christmas shop too it’s a bespoke shop and it sells Christmas trees that are grown in the forest. At nights, the forest is full of fairy lights in the trees. Doesn’t it sound lovely? I would love so much to go there. I really would. Not to ice skate, or ski oddly enough… I do love maize’s though, strange thing for someone who can’t see. I am like a child in a maize.  I would love the smell of the forest and the shop. There is a Santa’s grotto and you can have breakfast with the big man too.

 

So, Teen is going to take Shamrock nearer to Christmas. I was just thinking, one good thing about my ex, at Christmas we did used to go to the Christmas markets and all the Santa grotto’s. as blind parents this would prove to be impossible so I hope by the time our Son has our Grandchildren, some kind of treatment for blind people to see will be discovered and I can be a grandparent who takes their Grandchildren to fun places at Christmas, then I can enjoy it too. As I love stuff like that.

 

My English is dreadful tonight, I’m tired. It’s really late and my eyes are stinging nothing to do with my eye condition, I have just chopped a lot of onions tonight. Haha.

 

I didn’t know that Hubs dog LF had four teeth missing? Oh, my goodness? What must he look like? I only learned when Shamrock said tonight. No wonder when he does his funny thumb sucking thing, our thumb, not his… I don’t feel a mouth of teeth. I just thought it was because he had a gentle mouth. Hub said he knew, just didn’t tell me. When he was a pup he had a illness which made four of his teeth fall out. Oh, bless him. So of course, I told him not to smile, or he will look like a simpleton.

 

Well, last night we had a leak in our ceiling, tonight we have had an electric fault and now we can’t turn our heating off. Haha. Well, it’s cold outside.

 

Must dash now, but before I go some words.

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass

It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

We can live without religion and meditation, but we can’t survive without human affection.

No comments: