translate

Friday 4 November 2016

DIARY OF THE GRUMPY FI BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s one of those days. Day before yesterday, I went for blood tests. Yesterday Doctors, today waiting for call from the Doctor and going to hospital for an ex-ray. The past two days were meant to be chill time as Hub is off work. Having said that, he has been on his email for work loads. I’m sitting here now so won up. Dreading this call with the Doc. She is a lovely lady, but what will she tell me? Going to the hospital. I feel so sick. I can’t take Wagga, because she doesn’t know the route our bus pulls so close to the hospital, but the road to cross is horrific and once in the grounds, there are sounds, buildings and loads of cars emergency services going by and nothing in the grounds make sense, so no way I will be able to find what building to go in, so I have to go by taxi then hope to goodness that I will find someone helpful in the hospital.

 

And then the waiting game. Sitting on my own, just in fear of when my name is called, I stand up with my white cane. And try to follow the sound of the person who shouted my name. once. As they do that, they call you just that one time, then expect you to just know where they are? Trying to avoid everything yesterday at the Doctors, because I didn’t see the Doctor I like who is great, I was called for. I stood up and turned towards her with Wagga. Waggs was too far to the right and I knocked a lady’s feet ever so gently, but the lady told me to be careful where I was going? After then, Waggs managed to walk me through the people seats and guided me perfectly to the direction of the Doctors original voice. I thought to myself if you only speak, I will hear you and follow your voice, or better still, why not come over to me and take my arm to guide me? But no, silence until I got right to the door of the first corridor and then she said. “I’m all the way down here.”” Well, at least that gave me four seconds of voice to follow, but with a white cane, all of that would have been impossible. Then Wagga went to the right to a room thankfully the correct room and the Doctor said. “There is a seat in front of you.”” I was just direct and asked her at the end to walk me to the entrance and she did and she was fine. But today at the hospital? I just don’t want to go. I really don’t. I will put up with the pain forever rather than be humiliated or made to feel totally useless and a nuisance to be honest.

 

Hub has to wait in for his mobile phone which is due. He needs that badly and to be honest, yes I wouldn’t be as scared with him as together I get a strength that I never find on my own, also someone to talk to whilst sitting for perhaps hours, who knows? But if he comes, we will still need some kind of help and that will be for both of us, though he would take Little Fella, and LF can get him most places where as my Waggs only can go where we have been taught the route. The other annoying thing is it will cost about £17/£19 there and back in the taxi. If I could see to drive, it’s a ten-minute drive each way.

 

Okay, a grumpy Fi today. Sorry. I’m human Bloggets and not a super blindie. I’m a total coward.

Something happened last night  too that made me a little fragile. At least after today, I will know either way what is wrong with me medically speaking and I hope and pray it’s all good news. Later with love. X

No comments: