translate

Tuesday 1 November 2016

IN SILENCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


IN SILENCE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Sitting in silence

Feeling dizzy, can’t balance

Kind of in shock

Cold to the bone

An yet to touch, I’m hot

In my own zone

My ears have popped

Time stands still

Can’t explain, just stopped

As if I’ve taken a pill

Numb, pain has been killed

My heart just about beats

My joints creak

I cannot speak

The air is thin

How do I communicate

Where do I begin?

Do I just wait?

Thoughts are smothered deep within

 Will this  feeling pass?

How long will it last?

A memory I have been here before

Same person, same door

Same walls, same floor

Were they telling me the truth?

I’m lost

No home no roof

Out in the frost

But only in my brain

As I have no pain

 The blood rushes through my veins

And scars disappear from tightened chains

Cuts heal

Is this real?

No more bruises

That life, no one chooses

It’s gone now forever

And won’t return

No more flames

To cause that burn

A lesson to learn

To be strong, firm

Sitting here in silence

A future free of violence

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: