translate

Thursday 3 November 2016

THURSDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Portugal, Romania, France, Hungary, United Kingdom, Australia, United States, Germany, Canada and South Africa are with us right now as I’m writing this blog.

 

It’s blooming freezing out there. Not too long been home. Well, what a very odd morning. I did a couple of jobs then onto the Doctors.

 

The receptionist, wow, what a darling? Obviously not long been there, as last year’s ladies seem to have gone. Thank goodness, as they were dreadful. This new girl, well, lady, she was stunning. Apart from being really tall, I just could tell she was toned. Just trust me on this one. She was so friendly, so sweet and helpful.

 And then I had to see the Dr….

 She wasn’t my nice normal Doctor sadly.

 

I’m serious when I say I do fear for future GP’s. They really are becoming like glorified secretaries. Long and short of it is. My knee? Oh, it’s muscle. So, that is why it has only hurt like mad since I fell? No trouble with muscles before then? Same as my last fall on my other knee. I went for weeks to physio. It did no good at all. After six months, the pain was half but after a year I still have the pain. Now my right knee, I told her I didn’t want to go to physio. She told me it’s probably arthritis… By the way, she didn’t even look at it? I told her I had a scan on the other one and it wasn’t that. Oh, she said. “Do you want a scan?””

 That will be nice? I mean, I feel like I have at least cracked my knee and twisted it. She pressed a button and out came a bit of paper and I have to go any time to my local hospital and get an ex-ray. Easy, right? So tomorrow I’m off there.

 

I don’t have a chest infection. I’m rattling like a shopping trolley with a broken wheel, coughing like a mad dog, wheezing like a heavy smoker, but at least I don’t have a chest infection.

 

As for the results of my blood test? There “wasn’t enough time to look it up on line…”” Because I “Have so many other problems to check out!” Seriously, how to make someone feel like a hypochondriac?

 

All that was hurried through in less than seven minutes. My normal Doctor, bless her stethoscope, she is so genuinely caring doesn’t always know the answers, but she is a nice lady and has manners.

 So, tomorrow I’m getting a call from my favourite Doctor, and let’s see if she has my blood results and pray it will be all OK. My Vitamin B will be normal, and my liver will not be coming back as negative. And after that, it will be another year before I will be back at the Drs I hope. Even longer if I can. But at least the receptionist was a star.

 

  Today my Hub is trying to order a phone. He hasn’t had one for ages. He doesn’t really need a phone as he has a work one and he never makes private calls he only phones his Dad and he uses my phone. He sees his Son every day and if he needed to text him, he will from his work phone, but to be honest, I think he has only done that once in over a year. But he will need to use his new phone like a computer and it’s cheaper to buy a phone than a lap top or any other device. He does a lot of internet searches and work are not really allowing a lot of sights, and his work phone and lap top is for work, not pleasure, so shopping on line will become something of the past at work, hence the phone. Well the prices have gone through the roof, we were shocked, but in the end, we got BT. That had the best offer on. And they came with a voucher that runs out today. But guess what? Their website is accessible, until it comes to ordering a phone card. So, Hub phoned them up and explained. The man put him through to the team who could help him with accessibility… Haha, well, she told hub to get the voucher, he would have to complete the form on line. He said he can’t he is blind, uses a screen reader and the website isn’t fully accessible. So, he can’t get the card. He said some words and next thing, she is filling the form in as if she is him. Now will we get the voucher? I doubt it. As we have had an email to confirm his payments but nothing has been said about the voucher. This blooming sighted world is so annoying and tiresome.

 

Just everything is a struggle. And I believe we are becoming more of a visual society. Half the adverts on TV now are music and by the end of it, Hub and I are like. So, what was that about?

 

Waggs worked well today. We had the normal of her getting her knickers in a knot as we left the house and as we left each building, but the bit in the middle, she was great today. She never even bothers passing the monkeys in the local zoo now, whereas at one time no way she would walk nicely past there.

 

The cars were ridiculous today the noise was awful. The air was so poor and I was pleased to get back home where Hub was waiting with the Little Fella.

 A quick wash of the hands and made Teens lunch in a hurry. He came in moments after me and ate then left for work again. Dinner tonight? Oh, no, I really don’t have a clue. I’m too tired to even think.

 

OK, I’m seriously going to have to do some on line Christmas shopping. So off for now but take care cos I care. X

   

No comments: