translate

Tuesday 15 November 2016

DIARY OF TODAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Tonight, is round two of our salesman parties. To my shock, our front door has moved… Not next door,

 but for sure there is a draft that wasn’t there before. I’m not joking, the wind that is blowing through the edges of the frame is ridiculous. All the traffic that goes by our house, I’m sure that is why it has moved?  We can feel the house moving when a big truck goes by.

 

We had a man come out last night, oh me. Why are sales people such sleaze balls? Even the way he laughed was awful. Well, when he found out that Hub couldn’t see, it was funny, he kind of looked to me as his voice was thrown my way, as if to say, few, thank God I have you madam? Hahahaha, then I told him he had a double act. Well, his reaction was the best. Then he said. “I hope you don’t expect me to read out all of the designs?””

 

This is the thing when you can’t see, old Bloggets will remember when I had the blind man out, hehehehehe, no, he, could see. It was me who couldn’t. I told him the colour I wanted for my windows, and asked him to describe the patterns? Oh, he almost had heart failure.

 

So, we were told last night, of three designs. If you can see, you will get to pick two or three brochures. Well, round two tonight. Let’s see what happens?

 

Teen and Shamrock are in, so I ordered Pizzas for us all, and Teen Hub and Shamrock had some fun playing the piano. But because I had a lovely lunch, I couldn’t eat anything, I have had a great day ladies who do lunch, and this time I didn’t have to make it. A lovely day with charming company. It’s great to spend time with someone who can talk as much as me. In fact, it was great to be able to talk? Smile. Hub is working from home and he has been on the phone all morning. I couldn’t do my house work or even speak to the dogs, because Hub had to be on skype and the connection isn’t very good in our office so he had to work from the lounge, so when I went out with my friend, I talked for England.

 

It’s our big charity of the year this week in the UK. It’s called Children in need. The whole of the country gets involved. Every night there are heart wrenching stories how certain charities have helped some kids. Oh, gosh, Hub puts it on every night. I get that lump in my throat and can’t stand it. I had to shout last night to turn it off after I asked him three times, tonight he has it on now, but I have my earphones on talking with you… I wouldn’t care, but Hub gets choked up about it too. But he can stand it, I can’t.

 

Hub and I were also watching a program about America and their drug problem with heroin. Gosh it’s scary. I just don’t get it. They say that most people who take heroin are middle class. I said to Hub I don’t understand why Doctors get addicted? They are supposed to be intelligent. And Hub said that middle class people in general are more intelligent than lower class. Hmm. Okay, I saw red. My working class roots kicked in and I said I know of loads of adults and children who are in their, opinion middle class and in my, opinion, they are far from intelegent. I know so many working class children who could be brain surgeons. I know that middle class get more chances in life as far as education, better schools and so on, but at the end of the day, a lot depends on teachers. My Son went to a very middle class school where we used to live and the teachers were dreadful. Where we moved to after that place, the school had a very bad name, but our Son got a much better education. The reason why a lot more middle class kids take stuff, is because the people pushing the drugs know the kids have more money to buy their needs.  I don’t get drugs. Sometimes I think I am one of the only people I know who just doesn’t get it at all. Putting a hole in yourself? Really? Why? Of course, it’s an addiction like anything, but don’t start it? Please? Why start to do something that is so bad for you?

 

I don’t like the police’s attitude either when they catch our young people with drugs and more, they all get let off. There should be some kind of example made of them to spread the word, I mean the kids know they can get away with selling drugs and making money without having to work for hours and no consequences.

 

I was talking with my friend today saying how difficult it is as a parent to keep our kids away from the temptations. We can sew the seed and just hope that we see the blossom, rather than the weeds.

 

Our news is full of fracking. Really I’m so against that. We have stolen enough from our land. No matter how much people protest against it, our Government don’t take any notice.

 

Oh, guess what? The door man just called. He can’t come tonight. Half an hour before he was due to be here. Last night he called to say he couldn’t come last night either. It can only happen to us. He had the cheek to ask if we wanted him to come tomorrow? I said no. He got two chances.

 

Very cold weather is due here in the north of England by the end of the week. I love the cold bitter weather before Christmas, after then, I’m ready for nicer weather.

 

Really excited about tomorrow. I’m meeting with my lovely dear friend Geordie. Oh I love her. I always come home feeling like I have been on cloud nine. Where ever that is?

 

Okay, will go for now, but wherever you are, smile, and know how important you are to me and a very happy birthday to a dear Blogget Louise. Love you lady. And you too!

No comments: