translate

Friday 25 November 2016

DIARY OF AND THIS IS WHY? BY FIONA CUMMINGS

So you may have read my earlier blog, “Fi’s furious Friday?””
Well I can tell you part of it now. Basically, my Husband spoils me every Christmas. He goes overboard not only with me but our Son too. I’m rubbish at buying gifts and it’s getting more difficult to buy on line as that is our only option. So, I have spent days trying to find something for Hub. He has taken care of Teen all gifts but one and one I bought something that had a totally different description to what it was when it came. But forms to fill in and posting it again, isn’t worth sending it back so we always waist so much money.

Well, I spent ages filling my basket with things I thought Hub would love and when it came to paying check out, it wasn’t accessible. So, that was a waist of about six hours.

Today I got through to an Arena to book tickets for Hubs favourite old group, so old they have been collecting their pension for years but we saw them on TV last year and they were great still for old timers. Smile. Long and short of it, the Arena as all are the same said they wouldn’t show us to our seats. But they would give us a free ticket. I asked why, the answer I got was rubbish. They also said if we wanted to go to the toilet who would take us? I said as blind people we just burst. Hahaha. We wait until we get home. It’s just something we have taught ourselves. Oh, no I was told we can’t do that? I said we have been doing it all our lives. Again, long and short, it was getting so stressful on the phone as it was the second number I rang and thirty five minutes later someone answered and put me out of my misery with the dreadful music they were playing.
I had to book three tickets. Paid for two. And guess how much for two tickets? £242. But to get the third ticket I have to write and give proof of my lack of sight. A letter from Guide Dogs isn’t enough. Nor is a letter from the Doctor. She has to send me a form out in print… I have to fill it in Well, that will be interesting? Then send the correct documents.

How do I get the documents? Hub gets our letters in Braille mainly, we still do get some print. But most letters come in Braille. So I had to tell him. No surprises on Christmas day. I just felt so let down by my stupid lack of sight, or is it the fact that we live in a sighted world?

He is delighted, really excited he said it was a light bulb moment. I asked what he meant and he said when we were reunited after 28 years, that was a lightbulb moment as was today.
Okay.
So he has found some paperwork I just hope it is enough. Now to find someone who likes this kind of music. Hub thinks he knows someone but will they be free that night? Treat like children. Needing a hand to cross the road. After I told the lady I was blind as was my Husband, she asked if we needed a car parking space. Hahahhahaha. Oh why didn’t I say yes? And asked her if someone would be able to stand with a bell and ring it until I heard where to park?

Well I’m in the conservatory. Hub is in the bath as we of course can’t use the shower. Teen has took Shamrock out we still have no TV. The plasterer has unplugged all of the electrics so our TV isn’t easy to do. I asked Teen if he could help, but no time today he will in the morning before work. I think there is just a couple of wires something to do with green and red that we need help with, after that, Hub an do it all. It is all to be connected to the internet.

Sadly, the wallpaper is covered with plaster. So now what? Is it just us or does other people find horses in their garden where the cowboys are drinking whisky in the kitchen?

I’m keeping the dust down and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be so that is good.

It’s after ten in the evening and I have just had dinner.
It’s still like camping. Tomorrow Hub on his own to town. I’m in the garage with Teen I hope and pray he will give me twenty minutes of his busy life and tell me what colour paints we have? Decorator coming Monday.

Okay, I’m off now but will talk tomorrow, take care cos I care. X

No comments: