translate

Tuesday 22 November 2016

THANKSGIVING BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
A beautiful Blogget wrote to me today telling me of her wonderful life. As she was sipping coffee on the veranda, with perfect weather, she was watching the baby monkeys swinging on the telephone wires whilst the adult Monkeys all sat in the compost heap as if in a jacuzzi!

 

How we can all live on the same land earth, an yet our lives really can be so different. Some people would say you can have a different live style to your neighbour, and of course you can, but from going from the above where our South African Blogget also had spoken about walking along white sands earlier as well, to someone like me who has spent the day like most keeping warm and cleaning the house, cooking and surviving. But the Blogget I’m talking about was very envious that in the UK we not only have audio in our cinemas, but also in our theatres, so if you can’t see, a person speaks to you through your earphones.

 

It’s a luxury having audio on our TV’s too, but I may just want to swap for a while and smile at the monkeys, though she said they are little monkeys. Haha, pardon the pun. I have told you before about the adult monkeys pushing the baby monkeys through the small open windows to steel the fruit from inside houses. And they go into the bathroom and squirt shower gel and toothpaste all over the place before they hand the fruit through the open windows.

 

I wonder why I was put in England? And if there is a before life, where was I then? I have spoken about when I was regressed and I believe I was a Spanish medical student. So maybe we are the opposite of what we are now? I had dark hair dark eyes I was short and plump. Now, I have blonde hair, blue eyes, I’m tall and em. I’m not plump. Haha. I’m plump plus v.a.t tax and inflation. Yep, I’m inflated alright.

 

So my American Bloggets, it’s thanksgiving for you all in a couple of days. What are you all thankful for? Personally, I’m grateful to my Husband, who I adore and I’m grateful to my Son. Because I love him to the moon and back and I’m grateful just for each breath he takes.

 

I’m grateful to my friends, who are like family to me. Our close family are just us three and I’m grateful to my Sister in law Ann who kindly asked us to go to her house the week before Christmas. She didn’t have to and sadly we can’t because of Hubs work commitments. I’m grateful to my brother who as a child was the best brother in the world to me. He was as I have written a few years ago my hero. I’m so grateful to everyone involved in Guide Dogs as I really don’t know how Hub and I would cope without our dogs. I’m thankful for our lovely house though there is work to do on it it’s slight. It’s warm dry and safe. And I am thankful to every single one of you who are reading my blogs each day.

 

So how about some Thanksgiving quotes?

“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have you will never ever have enough.

Oprah Winfrey

 

“If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he has got he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he will get.””

Frank A Clark   

“If no one shopped on Thanksgiving Day, the stores wouldn’t open. End of story. I say we all take the pledge and stay home. Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks for what you have got, not to save a few dollars to get more.””

 Regina Brett

 

Thanksgiving that my heart is strong. My front door just opened and in walked Shamrock… I wasn’t expecting her so I got a fright. She has just come in from work. A twelve hour shift bless her. I guess a late night for Teen? And again, tomorrow he is up at half five in the morning for another day at work.

 

Twenty past nine in the evening and Hub isn’t in yet. He left this morning at quarter to seven. So, he will be tired tonight.

 

Okay must go and put the oven on. An easy supper for Hub. Homemade soup, carrot and coriander with hot bread. Until tomorrow with love. X

No comments: