translate

Tuesday 1 November 2016

DIARY OF DREAD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Well I have a couple of days of Doctor and nurse appointments and I can tell you what I told a friend of mine not long ago. I would rather go for ten interviews for a job and stand up and give a talk to ten thousand strangers, than go for awful medical stuff. I have the biggest phobia in history and it’s killing me.

 

It’s getting there firstly, you know I’m not at all confident on my own, well me and Wagga, will Waggs work? Let’s hope it’s a quiet walk without distractions? When we get in the surgery, let’s hope I don’t charge into the queue and the receptionist will recognise that she can’t just give me eye contact to ask for my details? Finding a chair? I do normally ask for a guide to show me where there is a free seat in the huge room and of late the staff have been so much better. A year ago it was so bad. But as I said they are much better now.

 

And I hope Wagga will lay down still like a good girl whilst the vampire takes my blood.

 

 Then through the three doors out into the big bad world and the fifteen-minute walk home. And then a wait for a week for the results.

 

Tonight, is so cold outside, hot in our house, even though Teen and Shamrock have been in and out like a blooming coocoo on a clock, and tomorrow is to be frosty. I just hope it’s not slippy. I’m still coughing and my throat is killing, but I think I’m getting better at least my head ache is Okay now.

 

Dinner was nice I had some of my soup and it was lovely. Pumpkin, a potato and a sweet potato with a carrot, onion, stock cube and finally, just because I had one, a courgette, with of course salt and loads of black pepper and when it was cooked, cooled down I whizzed it to make it smooth and added more salt and pepper and when it was much cooler, some single cream.

 

So, a small soup but really was delicious. I made it last night, put it in the fridge overnight and properly heated it today.

 

I made the boys a salad with grilled cheese tomatoes and salad leaves. I thought I would enjoy the Halloumi, but I sadly couldn’t eat anything but my soup.

 

 

Oh, my goodness. We have received important forms to fill in. What a nightmare. There are pages and pages of them and we have to do it in fourteen days. They of course are in print. What a total nightmare. Person on the phone said get a neighbour friend or family member to help you? Well that’s easy? Not. Also, I don’t want any Tom Dick or Harry dealing with our personal stuff and Teen doesn’t even have time to fill his forms for work in…

 

Rant over. I’m just anxious about tomorrow. When I am home I am sure I will be a bit better, even more so when I get the results.

 

Oh, remind me to tell you about our footballers and poppies? I’m stotting about it.

 

Ok, a cup of herbal tea is required and then off to make our bed clean sheets. And then, I pray, a good sleep. And a prayer tonight for my beautiful Bloggets and those who are not Bloggets, in Italy, after the earthquake. Bless you all. I ache for you. X

No comments: