translate

Monday 21 November 2016

DIARY OF A MESSY MONDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


This blog you will see is just reading my thoughts and my messy head. It’s all over the place, so be ready for it. Haha.

 

Today we are joined so far by Argentina, Sweden, Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States, South Africa, Italy, Cyprus, Aland Islands and Australia. Earlier on I was looking at our Bloggets from Canada and Turkey too. It’s so lovely of you all to visit my blog page and even nicer when you return to Our Blogget Family…

 

I read something last night that really made me think. When I had sight with my eye disease RP, this was a fact.

  

Retinitis Pigmentosa is being able to see a pencil on the other side of the room but tripping over an elephant on the way to pick it up!

 

And that pencil I would see so clearly too. Even the small writing on it. But not the elephant.

 

Gosh, I got to sleep about half one this morning which is good for me. I woke up once in my normal pain with my knee. It totally locked and no way it was going to move. Not for a few moments and slowly I had to physically move it. Good job my Husband is tolerant bless him. He so badly wants me to go and see a private Doctor but it costs so much money, so I will just live with it a bit longer and see what happens. Hopefully it will get better?

 Teen bless him had to be up at a ridiculous hour and left the house at quarter past six, he is good though and quiet when he gets up, though I wake up really easily so heard him going down stairs and then shortly after leaving. His car is so quiet in comparison to his first old banger. Oh, I am so glad we don’t have to do another winter in that death trap.

 

Hub had to get up twenty minutes later so we were woken by the futuristic alarm call. I read a funny thing the other day.

“I do ten sit ups every morning. To hit the snooze button on my alarm clock.””

 

So, the sky was dark, I could smell the air coming from our open window in our shower room. We leave it open a little during the night!

 

The odd car was getting ice scrapped from their windows and out of my bed covers, I dared to put my arm. It didn’t stay out their long. I grabbed my IPhone and turned our heating higher. It was a morning I didn’t want to get up. I could have easily lay there all morning, until noon. As for my Husband, bless him, he was in so much pain again with his TN. I hope he is Okay at work because he said goodbye to me today and he could hardly move his face.

 

I had to get up though, to see to Waggatail, prepare Teens lunch, nothing lavish, two sweet potatoes with cream cheese and last night’s left overs of chicken. And then there was our painter to try to call again. Gosh I got through to him today. Wow, I don’t know what is wrong with him, but I am dreading it when he comes, I think he is on a real downer. I’m not strong enough to hear his problems this time round. That sounds so selfish, but at the moment I have things I’m dealing with for a friend who is draining my body of any positivity’s. She is a lovely friend so of course I’m here for her, but right now we are banging on locked doors and none of them are opening for her. But for her I will find that dam key and we will walk through the door together. A best friend is like a four leaf clover. Hard to find, lucky to have.

 

A couple of weeks ago I had a great idea. I would set myself a task list. Yes, that is a great idea. Even a to do list . Only thing is, I couldn’t find anyone to do it. Haha.

 

But seriously, a task list and it was great for only two days. Why I can’t stick to anything? It really did make me feel so good too. I have a tendency to procrastinate and the list really got me over that hurdle. Even down to what I would try to eat that was healthy, and really I ticked everything off that I had achieved in that day and felt so good at the end of the day. Try it sometime see if it works for you? May try again to do that this week. Mind you, this week is going to be loads of hard work. As I explained before. And my Hub hates me moving furniture old Bloggets will know this, but this week? Oh boy things are going to move. I am dreading the dust from the ceiling. Where to put all of our ornaments? And then to remember where they all go again? As for my painter, he is coming next Monday, that is if I have my internal doors ready. To do this, I need to rely on our joiner, who is so busy but said he would try to get to me as soon as possible. But didn’t give a date. So Wednesday moving of ornaments and furniture as well as Wednesday night, moving all of the electrics from the living room. I know Hub is stressing about how we are going to put them all back? Last time he set all of the TV up speakers, our box that makes the TV talk, sound bar and something that connects it to the internet as well as our Apple box. All the wires colour coded. Wires look the same to Hub and myself. But he managed it, I had a sweat on, expecting his slightly peppered hair to turn blue. We got most of it working, when teen came home from work, he looked and Hub had one wire in the wrong place so changed it. But the way our set up is, it’s not a case of unplugging the TV, it has to be coded with the internet pass word. So I have to find where that is on my lap top and read it to Hub whilst he puts the code into the whatever he needs to it makes no sense to me at all and I do laugh when friends say they got someone out to put their TV together. These are sighted friends who have a TV only. Nothing else. If I were on my own, no way I could do this. I swear if Hub had sight, he would have been either a plumber or an electrician. Haha. I told you ages ago about when two sighted people very clever people too, couldn’t get their water on and Hub had to go around and he fixed it? That was so funny.

 

Thursday the ceiling is getting boarded or patched and plastered. Friday, I expect I will be trying to clean everything Saturday the same and I hope the joiner will come? and Sunday we may attempt to put up our curtain rail, We have an electric screwdriver that to me looks more like a weapon of torture. Monday the painting I hope? And put all of our pictures back on the walls as well as start the big ornament rehoming. Oh, I forgot, how could I forget? Friday, oh heck, I have after care with my lovely GMI and Waggatail. Gosh, I hope it’s not going to be slippy? I guess we will walk to our Doctors as that is the longest walk Waggs does.  Let’s hope we pass and our GMI is happy with us?

 

Okay, must dash now and think about dinner? May just do a simple meal today. Rice and something. Last night I did a dinner for the four of us so I deserve a simple cooking session today, I may also make some soup for tomorrow. Carrot and coriander perhaps. Before I go, something to think about? “Dear humans, in case you forgot, I used to be your internet. Sincerely, the Library!” Take care cos I care.

 

No comments: