translate

Saturday 5 November 2016

DIARY OF NEWS AND VIEWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Isle of Man, Finland, United Kingdom, United States, United Arab Emirates, Brazil, South Africa, Germany, Canada and Australia have viewed our blog page today as well as the countries just out of the top ten viewing.

 

Moments ago, my living room ceiling started to pour water from upstairs as teen was in the shower. This is a problem we have had for some time now, but it’s getting worse and Teen said that there is now a huge gap in the ceiling. Who to get? I’m so fed up of tradesmen. But something is going to have to be done and it’s a huge job sadly. The whole shower room is going to have to be pulled out.  The floor needs replacing and then the ceiling needs plastering. It’s going to cost a fortune. But if it’s left much longer, the whole ceiling will come down and it’s not too far from Hubs piano.

 

It’s one job after another. I still need my lovely painting put on the wall, but again, I can’t ask our electrician or joiner, because I don’t have any work for them, unless I get the joiner to do the floor upstairs? But first I must find a plumber to rip the shower out.

 

It’s like a blooming war zone here, fireworks are going off all over. Our dogs have been fine, but the poor birds, cats and other creatures outside? I hate them. I wish they were illegal. The prices of the displays should be half and a total ban of all fireworks in shops.

 

Teen thankfully has his new tires on his car. So, he is safer for the winter. Gosh, if your child can do without a car, they will save a fortune. Hub and I paid for one of his tires and he the other, so well over a hundred pounds for two tires.

 

Hub is happy playing with his new phone today. I love to see him happy. He is like a little boy with a new toy.

 

We both still have flu but think we are getting better. One more day in hibernation I think will be good for us.

 

There is a new production we may visit at the theatre next week that looks really good. I’m going to try to book tickets in a moment. It’s called Night must fall. Oh, I’m really excited to get tickets for it. I love the theatre.

 

So, what has interested me in the news today? M & S are to close thirty stores in the UK.

Fifa have never been my favourite group of people, but now they are banning our footballers from wearing poppies for Remembrance Day. So, showing that Fifa really have no respect. As if I needed them to do that to prove themselves?

Also, what will happen if the footballers just wore them?

 

Prince Williams wife has visited a women’s prison in the UK.

 “Why?””

 

BA are putting more seats in some of their aeroplanes. So, less room for us.

The biggest moon is going to be seen on November the 14th. Funny thing is, it read. “The biggest moon in the sky will be seen in November.””

Moon in the sky?

Em

Hello?

A moon in the sky? Where else is, it going to be? In a tree?

Okay, they say in a study, if you worry, you are more likely to have a heart attack? Em. Yep, it’s called stress and yes, that could bring on a heart attack? Please ask me and I will tell you the very obvious answers to your silly questions, just send the cheques this way please? Smile.

Each year 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer and one man per hour dies with it.

Scientists are finding worldwide two headed sharks. Oh, my, why? I have never heard of this until today? How come this has not been on the main news?

 

New studies show that if you don’t get enough sleep, you eat 400 calories the following day.

Smoking causes 90% of lung cancers.

In Canada, the army have been sent to investigate a strange pinging sound on the sea floor.

I always said we are looking into space for those little green men, and they are under the sea? Smile. Have a lovely day and I hope your news today is only good. X

No comments: