translate

Saturday 26 November 2016

DIARY OF THE DECORATING ELF BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. It’s a beautiful crisp day here. The sun is shining through our window, I can’t see it but can feel it stinging my eyes. And the warmth on my feet as it hits the floor. Some days I’m sure I can see the brightness of the sun, but then the dark comes and I still see the bright light. Smile. Then other days I’m sure I see the light and I can, I know I can.

Hub got up early this morning and headed to our town. He said it was hell as the people were already on their way the hustle and bustle of Christmas shoppers, even that early. Everyone thinks the same as Hub. Get to town early before the crowds.

Little Fella did so well. Even the new bus stop, he knew when to stop and he has only done that once. Love our lad.

I’m delighted with a Christmas gift that came today for someone. Can’t say too much on here as they will be reading this, but it’s beautiful. Good old Amazon didn’t let me down this time for sure. After Christmas I, will be able to give you a run down on what I bought. For the youth of my Blogget family, firstly I have to send it off to the elf’s and get it all addressed to where the big man in red is going to deliver it to.

Browsing through wrapping paper on Amazon today, I have discovered a wrapping paper that is double sided. So for those of you who are either quite well off, or haven’t got too much to wrap, and who can’t see which way is the patterned side and what is the plain side, this is a great idea having the picture on both sides. The way I do it is try to unroll what I need, cutting it so the picture is facing me and the white is facing down. Then I turn it over, place it on the floor or table and place the gift immediately in the centre then wrap. The reason I cut it with the picture facing me is because that is the way the roll is and it’s easier to cut, if I were to turn it over, it would curl all over the place. Sometimes you can feel the difference between the shiny picture side and the slightly rougher side that is white.

I have been known to hand someone a Christmas gift with birthday wrapping paper and a birthday gift with holly on it. Also, tape? Oh once I wrapped a gift with huge black writing according to the recipient saying. Fragile…
It was a jumper!!!!

Talking of paper, our Son told us today that the plasterer has horrid brown plaster right along the top of our lovely cream and gold paper. I text him and asked him how to get it off?
He kindly said he was going to be in the area, so would pop in and clean it for us….
Yeah, right, so far, nothing. Not a word from him. I guess there is time, he may have been one of the busy shoppers in the town?

A bit worried about Monday, I have our funny painter coming, bless his bristly brushes, I am let’s say, concerned… Let’s see what Monday will bring? More on that later in the week… I hope I’m wrong but a sandwich short of a picnic comes to mind.

He’s normally great at his job though and normally a nice man who I do trust. So, let’s just see?

There isn’t half the dust I thought there would be. But I’m going to fill a bucket in a mo jo and present it to Hub whilst I go and iron for a couple of hours. He is having a well deserved coffee right now listening to his sport and Teen is at work. He is due home soon, at least before he left for work, he checked out the paint in the garage for me. Basically, I am relying on my painter, no way I can get paint. We have loads of tins of it but it’s bits of colours we have in rooms, rather than nice big tins of gloss or emulsion.

We are emptying the tiny humidifier twice a day still so we are a bit of a way off it being dry.

When you decorate one room even though this is half decorated, the whole house is upside down.

Tuesday is my goal though to have almost everything done enough to put up our tree. Now that will be a voyage of discovery, as it’s a new tree, again, Amazon, it’s still in its box, I hope it will be OK? It’s meant to be seven feet tall? Hahaha. Right now, in its box, it’s not looking hopeful…

Okay, must dash and get my Husband moving that body to the rhythm of skirting boards. Smile. Later with love and have a great weekend. Xxxx

No comments: