translate

Saturday 30 April 2016

DIARY OF THE ITALIAN MOUSE TRAP


Good evening Bloggets, whilst the rain has never stopped here in England, my lucky Brother and Sister are off to Italy. Wow, only my most fave country in the world. I hope they enjoy it.

 

I have not been well for the past two days. Tried to book an appointment for the Doctors yesterday, blooming useless. They didn’t even answer. I hate our situation with the doctors. There is a lovely couple of lady doctors one in particular but I really bet a don’t get to see her and the receptionists, they always ask why do we want to see the Doctor? Really what has it got to do with them? Pacientconfedentuality and all that.  I won’t be able to try to get an appointment on Monday as it’s bank holiday here so Tuesday will be the earliest. Then they will say come and sit in the germ fest room with sick patients for a few hours and wait to see a doctor, who turns out to be the nurse. If you want to see a particular Doctor, you really have no chance.

 

 Grump over. It’s really late now in the evening. Teen just left at half nine after we watched a great drama about police corruption. Really scary considering it was a true story.

 

Oh, as for our unwanted guest? Those of you Bloggets who are from way back, will remembering our kitchen. Well, it came through the back door. Hub and Teen are dreadful for leaving the back door open especially at nights when letting the dog out or going to the bins. Some amazing person gave us a fantastic tip how to catch the mouse without blood getting everywhere or having to touch a trap. Put the trap in a shoe box, cut out a small hole at the side of the box ground level. Put the trap set with chocolate rather than cheese and put the lid on, 

 

We caught the mouse first night. Poor little thing. Thing is, Teen and Hub are not fond of touching anything like that so picking up the box, lifting lid and emptying into the outside bin is perfect for that then using the box again, only thing is, you have to use a new trap. Each time costing almost £4 but the mice catchers were if you remember going to cost over £500. Our friends were charged only £20 for the same job.  Different areas. We get ripped off for everything from taxis to take away meals.

 

Where I used to live, my friend went to a lovely restaurant with her church. Sorry, she wasn’t carrying her church…. She went with the people from her church. hahahha. she had three courses a glass of wine and a small tip per person and the total was £10. For that here would start from £25 unless you find somewhere like our lovely local Lewis’s place of course. But typical English is really expensive. Taxi’s here are also expensive in comparison to other places. London prices.

 

So, we heard a mouse in our loft. Between Hub and teen, a trap was placed in the box of doom and up Hub went into the darkness of the loft… haha. We have a light up there, but what good is that to him? Teen stayed safe at the bottom of the ladders whereas me, I stayed at the bottom of the stairs, in the living room.

 

Guess what? We only caught another one… I hate it, mice have as much right to live as we do, just not in my house. I dread to think what damage has been done up there?

 

Another trap tonight went in. Oh I hope to goodness that we don’t catch any more. Only because there are not any more. I’m not liking the fact that one may get into the house. Cleaning everything like a mad woman again in my kitchen. But there are no signs of one in the house. Yet…

 

My friend Arty is on a wonderful holiday in the Caribbean. She got some really sad news that her cat aged only eight, had died in the cattery where she left him. Where she always leaves her cats. The others are well, but this was her eldest. He died in his sleep. I feel so very sorry for her as she is on holiday and that is the last thing you want for your pets.

 

I was so sad and wanted to just hug her I know too well what it’s like to lose pets. I miss our two Suki and Hannah AKA Long Chops and Black Beauty more and more each day. I miss BB because she was my first guide dog and because she was so gentle and calm. So well behaved too and I miss LC because she gave us as a couple so much independence. She walked slower with Hub so I could keep up with my white cane, she guided us on holidays and to town. We don’t really go out now to town together and I so miss that. Hub goes on his own. Next week I will have to go to get my hair cut. I will take Wagga rather than my cane. That will be so difficult as Waggs is so uncomfortable with loud traffic. It’s not far from the bus to the hair dressers so then straight back. Whereas with LC, we used to go to our banks coffee shop and bakery as well as my lovely soap shop. No more…

 

Though I miss our girls, and have that deep sad feeling when I think about them. It is easier and that kick to the heart and stomach, the grief has lifted. I’m still waiting for Hub to announce the closure of his just giving page as thanks to you all he now has made enough money to name his Puppy after his girl Suki. So a little guide dog will be called Suki at some point I hope soon. The paper work has begun. Thanks to a kind colleague who raised a huge amount of money too on her various bike rides and other work, we have raised just over the target. You are all so very kind and in our darkest deepest shock of losing her, you were all there. Such kindness I will never forget. I have also made some lovely friends since then that I will have for life now. So our Suki died we were left in shock as she was not only our pet, but Hubs guide dog and our freedom. She died too young. We had no clue she was ill. It was a dreadfully sad time that still lives in our hearts and minds and I’m sure will do forever but the name will live on and thanks to sponsors, someone like me or Hub, will get a guide dog.

 

I’m looking at cottages to go away in the summer for a few nights. It will be when Teen is abroad. I hope we will go with our closest friends, that will be so nice. Just to breathe fresh air rather than what we breathe here.

 

Will go for now, and have an early night, early for me is before midnight. Feeling rather under the weather so I hope I will sleep. Take care with love. X

No comments: