translate

Tuesday 5 April 2016

THE SECRET GARDEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE SECRET GARDEN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A fairy so small

Among birches so tall

Spotted mushrooms

Peach’s and pink blooms

Deep green grass

Mossy paths

Rickety fences

 A duckling dances

On the rippling lake

Watching proudly

Is a dazzling drake

 Creating shadows

Are the whispering willows

Looking up at the clouds

    I see huge fluffy pillows

Floating by dreams like marshmallows

A buttery sun with a yolky centre

As I perch on the wood

Avoiding a splinter

Air so fresh so crisp

In the distance through the mist

I see a pheasant

This moment is so pleasant

Am I in heaven?

Pure golden leaves

I can’t believe

Such beauty surrounds me

Now I’m seeing things surely?

As there is a pixie trying to amuse me

Pointy little shoes

Singing the blues

With a curled up noes

Holding a ruby red rose

I want to pick him up

He is the size of a buttercup

But each time I try

He jumps on the wings of the fairy near by

So leave all alone

What isn’t mine?

And relax and enjoy this time

A frog is floating by

On a lily pad

A swan glides so elegwently

A tiny bird pecking so delicately

No one around

Such a peaceful sound

With the creatures who cause no harm

I love this it’s so calm

I don’t want to go home

Let me stay here forever?

Though may not feel the same if there is different weather

For today isn’t too hot

This is the perfect spot

Shaded by the great Elm tree

I can’t remember ever being so happy

A time I will never forget

 It’s like a secret garden

If I tell of this place I fear I will regret

So my lips are sealed

But my eyes are pealed

And the lid in my mind is closed

With a secret that will stay with me I suppose

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: