translate

Sunday 3 April 2016

DIARY OF A DAY OUT


 Hello Bloggets. How has your day been?  Surprisingly last night I slept OK thought to myself if Teen had not have made the ferry home, he would have let me know, so what is it they say? No news is good news.

 

Woke up and got ready to go out for the day. Teen text to let me know he was in the UK so he did make the ferry…  Our taxi was booked for eleven and by eight minutes past the driver wasn’t here. To say we were a little anxious was an understatement. Our train was at 11.35 and it’s on a good day fifteen minutes to our train station, but by the time we get out of the taxi, harness the dogs up and walk to the inside where we get our tickets, yep, we had to pick up our tickets, they were booked and paid for but not collected.

 

Wagga tried to take me under those ropes that people are meant to queue around but we made it there only to be told that we had brought the wrong reference number with us. Oh time ticking. Now 11.27, and it’s not too close to the platform, so another bit of a walk. Anyways turned out that the lady had spelled our name wrong so she realised that and we were sorted. We went to the desk for assistance and the lovely Huu’uu’uu’Ge Italian man was waiting for us. Gosh, he was so tall, well; I guess he still is tall, hehehe. It was only this afternoon when I saw him.

 

We went to the first lift, in up and out of that then the second lift and at last onto the platform. We did get stuck behind an elderly family with their grand children who were casually on their merrily way to catch a train, unlike us who had forty seconds before it was due to pull away.

 

When we got on the train, there was a lady in our seats. Now the whole train was empty. Our carriage had her, her baby and another couple of voices but our two seats were taken…. Never mind there were plenty more to pick but I just thought why those two? You have the full train and you pick those with reservation cards or whatever they use now days to show the seats are booked.

 

A very short journey only one stop about 25 minutes and we were there. If not for the journey to and from the station, to see family and friends would be so fast. But the car journey is a pain. It’s two and a half miles to our city and it takes between fifteen and thirty five minutes to get there depending on traffic.

 

Then there was the guessing game. Which side of the train would the doors open? Haha. Normally we are wrong and today we were not disappointed. Wrong again. But off the train and the fun day began.

 

My brother and Sister picked us up and we went off for lunch. Well, that was funny; Hub and I last night went on line to read the menu. We try to be as little of trouble as possible and rather than get people to read the menu even though they wouldn’t for a second complain about reading it to us, but when we can make life a little easier we try.  Well, this menu went on and on and on, I was copying and pasting and putting into a word file so we could decide on what we wanted. As the list was enormous. We couldn’t remember what was what. I would say there were hundreds of different dishes to choose from. We went to the Bridge Inn and took a table in the snug. It was lovely really nice seats so comfortable, anyway I digress. I read the menu to Hub, well, no, my software did and we have never been so bamboozled at such a choice, only to get to the bottom of the list for my computer to read…..

“Lunch Menu!”

Well, we had been reading the night time menu. So lunch was a little easier, in fact a huge amount easier. There were about five starters and five mains.

 

I had garlic mushrooms with bread and a sauce with a lettuce leaf stuffed with salad and a French dressing on. Hub had some absolutely disgusting black pudding and large vegetable crisps.  Mains we had Hub giant fish and chunky chips and I had a massive Baggett with chunky chips. We had coffee too and soft drinks everyone had something different and we most of all enjoyed the company.

 

Teen went out the other day came in the house and told me he bought his Aunty and Uncle Birthday cards. Well, as he left for Amsterdam, I asked him if he had written them out. He said no, he forgot he was late so had no time so I was panicking. I told him it would cost a bit of money as he would have to put on two stamps per card to make sure they got there and we were going so write them and that will save putting stamps on as bless him they wouldn’t have been cheap as we only have one place around here that do cards so they charge the earth. Also I wanted them to get there on time.

 

So is bag on arm coat over shoulder ready to leave the house he starts to write them out. He was smiling laughing as writing I asked him what on earth was he writing, I don’t know, but he has a rather odd sense of humour so I hope my Sister in-law sees that too… As it was hers he was spending time on. I was saying come on come on you are going to be late. His bus was to leave in that minute.

 

I was to give the cards to my brother and sister in law. Well they dropped us off at our besties Trix, Like and Hanz after our meal as we sat on the couch, heck, what was in my bag? The two cards. My brother had said goodbye to us fifteen minutes earlier. Bless our friends they said they would post them for us. So I do feel little bad that they did that for us as it’s an inconvenience for them but I’m very grateful too.

 

As ever we had a wonderful catch up with friends and bless Hanz she took us to the station to catch our train back. Home to a Teen. All safe and said he had the best time so that is fantastic.

 

That was all yesterday and this is today. Our TV has blown up. Well, OK not quite, but popped and sizzled. Hub and I were watching it last night and he asked me if I thought the screen was on? How the heckers did I know? Well, we felt it, it was cold, so that meant it wasn’t so we watched the blank screen and still could hear it something to do with cables connected to something with sound haha. Techno Fi has no idea. It didn’t bother us and Teen was out so he didn’t need to see it. If it were up to us, we would have a tiny portable TV no need for a large screen but today we are to buy a TV and I hope, Teen will drive Hub to the shop as it’s something you can’t buy online. Teen is at the gym now so on his return after he showers and so on, hopefully we will buy our Television. 

 

Our dogs have just returned from their walk with our June. So two walks for them in less than four days. Gosh, hope they don’t think this is going to be a thing? Haha. Just she can’t do through the week as her Grand child is coming to stay. I’m seeing Artie anyway so hopefully she and I will walk the Wagga, if it’s raining there is a kettle with our names on. Not seen her for eight weeks so we will have a lot to catch up on.

 

Sunny today I have just cleaned the dog run. Nice….. Other people go out for Sunday lunch, me? The dog runs to do. Smile. I don’t mind at all I had a great day yesterday. My brother asked how we clean up the dog mess. Well, those thin rubber gloves on one hand and a bag in the other. Just feel for it, means it takes twice as long but it gets done and nothing gets missed. Then we use a proper cleaner and tough brush we also have shoes just for this job. We have a closed off part of our garden so it’s not everywhere or that would be impossible.

 

 

Well on that note, back to work tomorrow after a long two weeks.  Life goes on. Until then, with love.

 

No comments: