translate

Thursday 14 April 2016

DIARY OF MY JAWS


Good morning Bloggets. I’m using my new lap top, I say new, I got it for Christmas but have only used it twice since then to my Husbands horror.

 

You know what I am like when it comes to tech, and this is taking a lot of getting used to especially with the new Jaws. No, my computer doesn’t have a mouth, but Jaws is the name of the software which talks and says every letter I press. You can set it to word, but I prefer it for each letter. Hub likes each word spoken, but not me. Great we have a choice.

 

Gosh, what would I do without this software? Really, I have tried all the other talking services out there and they are not even close to Jaws. In my opinion of course. But it’s so deer/expensive. About £700 for a bit of software is really too much, especially when you have to update it. My old lap top, is so old when it comes to keeping up with the internet. Loads of websites I can’t use now because my software is six or seven years old.

 

If not for Jaws though, I would not be able to write or browse the net. Unless I used my Apple IPod. And to be honest though that is fantastic, I much prefer a good old lap top. Only this isn’t old. Smile. It’s new and tiny and fiddly and with having the new Jaws, it’s a lot of new commands to learn. Spell check for example, not sure I will be using it for this blog, you have to press the ALT key, then the letter Q, then write in the word spell and as for checking the spelling? Oh, Lord give me strength? I’m sure I will get used to it, probably when it’s time to put my lap top to the forever sleeping grave yard for tech.

 

Talking of tech, heck.                    ? A man will come today and I have to remember to aske him too many, or is that two many questions. Hub failed to tell me until this morning at seven as I was not long asleep, that I had to remember to aske for two coads. Then ask the kind man who is coming to check out our internet to try to get me on the net whilst he is here or I won’t be able to get on. Well, I know my Son can’t use my lap top if it has Jaws on it so he turns it off. I told Hub that Jaws will have to be turned off. He replied with such confidents, that’s fine, go into the settings and turn it off. Say what? Settings, well, jaws he replied. And how to do that?

 

OK, not so techno Fi is not looking forward to her challenge of the day, especially as Hub is working from home tomorrow and needs the internet. No pressure FI?

 

Last night Hub and I had a lovely evening. After learning our boy was safe and well and had a nice day, we were satisfied. WE ordered a take away from a new Indian restaurant. Gosh, I don’t like doing that as you never know what you will get? But I can tell you, it was absolutely delicious. The best I have had in a long time.

 Take outs are getting so expensive now days though. I mean Pizza’s, all they are is bread cheese tomato slop and some bits and bobs on the top? Haha. For the three of us, it was £34 last week. And my Pizza was just cheese and tomato for goodness sake. At least with Indian food you get taste. Oh gosh this was beautiful. It was £25 for the two of us. Just for main dishes and poppadum’s. Oh Yummy. Hub wants to take me out tonight. He said we never go out anymore. Well, it’s too much money I mean, to get a taxi there and back, you are talking over twenty pounds, then the stress of getting in the place, hoping you get a good waiter who will guide you. If we get the bus, that is a nightmare, as we don’t want to repeat what happened some years ago and we would have to take our dogs, not all restaurants will except our dogs. If I knew they would be OK and I could phone up before hand, then it would be less of a problem, but then its just finding the right door. Hub is fine with searching, me? I get in a right panic. I don’t act as though I do, anyone watching won’t know what the heck is going on in my mind, but I’m totally shaking. I don’t mind when we used to go to town when we had our Long Chops, AKA Suki, I didn’t mind at all making a few mistakes, but now, not sure for one I could keep up with Little Fella as he is so fast, and I can’t take Waggs to town, she is not a town dog. So I would take my white cane and in our city, there are so many people a cane is impossible to use in the correct way so I end up bruised and taking a few Granny’s out…. Out for the count as they say in the boxing ring. Or is that wrestling ring Hahaha. Some kind of ring.

 

Also when you go out, it’s double what it costs to have it at home. In fact, triple. Hub is so kind and he never complains about taking me out and paying whatever, it’s me, I feel if we can do it at home, it’s fine. No adventure, that is me. Summer coming up, I hope we will get out more. Where? Not sure. Our besties are due to come soon; I hope we can treat them to a different place to where we normally walk to.

 

It’s my brothers’ birthday today. Gosh I got a shock last night as it dawned on me he is 55? No’o’o’o! how did he get that old? I’m no where near that age Bloggets….. He is my bi’I’I’ii’iig brother. Loads and loads of years between us. Haha. Stop it… I’m 32.

Who said around the leg?

 

Our Son doing the long journey home tonight, he said he wouldn’t be home till about midnight if not a.m. I just hope the weather behaves itself.

Right I am going to try to publish this now, wish me luck? #FeelingSick?

No comments: