translate

Wednesday 27 April 2016

GUIDE DOG AND ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


GUIDE DOG AND ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

She see’s everything for me

They say she is the sight I see

I blow a whistle on walks

 She comes running back to me

She is the attraction as I give talks

She sits by my side

She has seen tears I have cried

Always there with her wagging tail

Works each day without fail

She stops at steps

So I don’t trip

She walks slow in winter

So I don’t slip

She tries to avoid branches

So I don’t splinter

Sometimes she takes chances

But I say no

Once again she obeys

She is the sunshine in my days

She makes me smile when she plays

She patiently sits for her dinner

When I say yes it’s like she is the winner

The sounds she makes whilst eating is gross

The way she licks her little nose

Hoping by chance there is some food on there

She is so loving, full of care

She was born to be

To come to me

I say she’s a key

To my front door

My darling little Labrador

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: