translate

Tuesday 19 April 2016

TUESDAYS DIARY


Did I tell you I’m getting my very own painting? My friend Beth Wright Meador from America, is doing a painting I have commissioned. It will be of my angel. She is a wonderful artist and she has the same eye disease as me, only thankfully, she still has some sight, but bless her, sight is failing and she can only paint under certain kinds of light now days. I hope for her sake and for all those who enjoy her art, she keeps the sight she has and it doesn’t deteriorate.

 

I hope to buy a print from her too of another angel she has just finished.  I really am looking forward to her art arriving.

 

Some people ask me why on earth do I like paintings? I just ask those people, why do you like pictures? They kind of pause whilst I’m sure they are thinking. “Yeah, but I can see what is on my walls, you can’t but how will I answer this?” It’s just good to wait have that kind of awkward minute of silence. After they stop saying nothing, they answer “I like pretty pictures, something to look at.” Then I just reply, how cold my house would look with nothing pretty on my walls. Is beauty only for the sighted? Smile. No, I can’t see the pictures, but my friend paints what I see in my mind and between her and my lovely friend Terry, they describe perfectly what the painting is of. Down to fine details.

 

Should every blind person have a garden full of soil? Or should they have pretty flowers with lovely fragrances. If the latter, should the flowers all be the same colour? No, we like to know that we have lots of colours in our garden, we are just the same as you, only we can’t see from our eyes, but we see with our brain if we have a memory of sight, we can remember and build a picture in our heads. Even like Hub who has never seen, he hates the idea that we have a house or garden that looks like blind people live in it, so between us both, we try to have a lovely house that blends in well with our sighted neighbours.

 

Something odd has happened to our garden. We had loads and loads of flowers planted that come every year. They have all gone, well, down the left side of our garden is totally bare. So have they just all died off, or have they been dug up? Who knows all I know is I spent a fortune on our garden and right now it’s soil. I hope they will return may be little later on in the year, just normally by Easter, we have so much colour and Teen said the other day that there was nothing at all in our boarders

 

Just tried to order a friend a birthday gift on line, it went so wrong. I spent ages searching for this gift filling in all details address and so on, only to get to the end and it required once again, one of those dam codes which require you to prove that you are not a  robot? Well, there was no option to have the code read with an audio caption, so forty minutes wasted.

 

 Hub home from work. He’s not in the best of moods. He says he is exhausted. Gosh, it’s only Tuesday and tomorrow he is on a train to the place he hates so much. Goodness knows how long he will be going there, but hopefully it’s coming to an ending soon. So tomorrow a longer day than normally, if he is tired today, goodness knows what he is like tomorrow. He has gone for a relaxing bath; Teen has gone to iron his clothes. This is great, but he has took with him his speaker to play his music, now he has turned it right town, so not to bother Hub who is trying to relax in the bath, but something tells me that it will still be too loud. At least it’s not the what I call talking music where the singer, hmm, so called singer, just speaks in that kind of manner.

 

There is a bit of a tune to this music, whether the tune is acceptable for Hubs likening, not sure.

 

Teen has just given me his weekly lecture on weight loss… Apparently if I eat only protein in my daily intake, for only one month, I would lose loads of weight. So I am a vegetarian, so no potatoes? No rice, pasta or the biggest one for me, bread? Oh no, I can’t imagine such a diet? And, would it work? I asked teen, he said yes, but I would also have to go on the treadmill every day and really worked that. Hmm. OK. And a vegetarian’s diet to eat protein? No meat or fish, lots of veg and Quorn. Thing is, I am not a fan of Quorn unless it’s disguised with pastry. Smile, is there any hope for me? My Son is so stressed about my weight. Bless him. Am I a bad parent? I did suggest to my Son that we could go for a walk every day to get exercise. Haha, suddenly the thought of having a healthy Mum became less important.

 

A man has just been sent to court for saying something on his facebook page, two years ago that the authorities didn’t agree with. Our country is really becoming Big brother. We used to call Russia in the seventies. Gosh, we are much worse than it ever was then.

 

Wagga went for her walk today with our lady June. She came back so tired out of breath. So did Waggatail. Ha-ha. Seriously, she loved it. One full hour of running. But the lady is very sensible and knows when to make Waggs lay down for a while.

 

Will teen go out tonight all night almost? Gosh, I think if he does there will be hell to pay in our household. So I’m praying not. I tried to have a word with teen and he said that his friends go out from nine and don’t get up next day or work or have college. So that is the only time he can socialize and I should go to sleep as he makes no noise when he comes in, so it’s my fault. He is kind of right he makes no sound, it’s me, I can’t relax knowing he is out and not knowing where he is. I was born a worrier. I have worried since I was tiny. I used to be so protective over my big brother when I was the size of a cat. I mean, not sure what I could ever have done, as he was four times my size as kids, but I stressed over him when he in my opinion got into bother with other lads. And that was from the age of about two. So stop stressing, I will make myself ill. Very easy to say this. How?

 

He has one more day to go before he starts his part time roll. He will hate it I know it. Going from manager to shop floor again. I will give him a month. No way I could do that. Not a chance.

 

OK I will gonow to clean the dinner dishes away. It was a lovely meal but again I couldn’t eat it all. I get so full so fast. Then so hungry shortly afterwards. Tomorrow I hope to have a blog day all day. I want to only write for us tomorrow. I don’t have any work to do till the end of the week. As for housework, I’m up to date. Apart from ironing, there is always ironing to do. Bless Teen he has been ironing for two hours today. He also took Hubs suits to the dry cleaners for me. Almost £30 but at least we have found a local place now, before it was miles away. Two busses and about fifty minutes if the busses came on time. And that was each way. Teen in the car today took just over ten minutes there and back. Gosh, to have sight is so much easier everything in life is so much easier. One day. Please? One day I will wake up and see what is in my bedroom and I can open the curtains to see birds, flowers and the sky. I can see when making breakfast, to cook breakfast will be half the time, and I’m very fast, but sometimes I will put down something then play the game of hunt the spoon or box. Smile, then one day, I will drive to the cleaners myself and pop in for a coffee to meet with friends then go to work. Gosh, one day? Smile. Have a good night won’t you? Xx

No comments: