translate

Monday 25 April 2016

NEWS AND VIEWS


Good day, I’m very late today with my blog, sorry for those who read this either over breakfast or in their lunch hour. Lunch hour, what’s that? Do we get an hour now days? Anyway, perhaps a supper time blog, smile, of course you read my blogs all over the world, so it just may be breakfast time or lunch where you are, silly Fifi.

 

So you all know how badly I sleep, right? Hmm. Dozing off last night and I hear. Mum Mum. It’s my darling Son, informing me that we have a quotes rat, in the loft.

 

So, what was he doing in the loft during the night? Smile, no, he was in bed but heard it above as he tried to sleep. Well, OK Son, Mum won’t deal with it just now… In fact, what am I talking about? Mum won’t be dealing with it at all!!! That’s a manly Daddy thing to do, right Hub? His answer, nope. Not on your Nellie.

 

We listened, as of course I had woken Hub up with my shouting what do you want Son? Hhahaha.

 

Hub said he heard something, me, nothing. Hub said it sounded too gentle to be a rat so a mouse? Oh no, not another one? And, we have so much stuff in our loft, I have said before, I don’t know how our house is still standing.

 

Well, now what to do? Hub said he can’t carry the box up there as he will snap his fingers off. If you remember the last one that was spotted in our kitchen, we were given fab advice and told to use a shoe box with hole cut out of the side put the trap in and when the poor little blighter is caught, splat, won’t go all over the place and teen won’t have to see the poor creature. Great, and teen set it off but that was on the floor in our kitchen, this is a dark spooky loft.

 

I hate lofts, also I should get rid of what is up there but its stuff we do use all being if it’s only once a year.

 

Today it’s been so cold, sunny but cold and quite windy. Also it rained, followed by sleet!

 

 My shopping came this morning, only one thing came today that I can’t identify. So put to one side for the teenage dream to take a look.

 

I did an interview and caught up with my work. Emails and writing and so on.

Then I waited in anticipation for my new gardener to come. Excited. At last, and someone we can trust.

 

 

Taking a look at our news today. BHS a wonderful shop, been around for eighty years in the UK. I was in it at Christmas and I love it. It has everything under one roof and things you just don’t see anywhere else. Sadly, it’s looking like it’s going into administration. So sad if we lose this shop.

 

Junior Doctors are on strike in the UK this week for two days from early morning till 5pm. This is the first strike since the NHS began, shows what a world we are coming to. Shocking, no one strikes in other proffessions for a quarter of the money doing the same hours? Greed absolute greed. They want the money but not the work.

 

A father from the UK driving in France, with his wife and three children has crashed his car. Killing himself two children leaving one child critical in hospital. I feel for his wife who has to now grieve the worst pain that I cannot imagine. It’s hell grieving over one person, but three of the most loved people in your life all in one accident? Poor lady.

 

Mobile phone company EE are bringing their call centres back to the UK, well done EE. There has been so many complaints about the standards of call centres so EE have listened to their customers and are bringing them back home.

 

In Manchester, an Asda shop is introducing a quiet hour for those who are autistic and get stressed by noise.

 

This will make you smile, apparently, if you are called Laura, you are more fit than anyone else as the name Laura has shown to visit the gym much more than anyone with other names. My word. Sorry, but that is ridiculous. I bet the study just happened to focus on one gym which had a few ladies with that name? It did make me smile though, now all you Laura’s out there, you have a lot to live up to?

 

No comments: