translate

Wednesday 6 April 2016

NOW I CAN SEE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


NOW I CAN SEE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I don’t need to sleep to dream

I’m sitting next to a stream

Surrounded by the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen

For in my dream I can see

No longer blinded by that disease

I for the first time see the bees

It’s like a miracle

How they work

They are magical

As I sit here in my dream

Watching the fish jumping out from the stream

Lilly’s bowing looking so supreme

Dusky pinks and edgings of cream

I close my eyes to remember what it was like

I get a fright as passing by is a bike

If I hadn’t of closed my eyes

I wouldn’t have had such a surprise

As I would have seen that coming

And the wasp I heard buzzing

 Too close for comfort

I could have moved away

But no I stayed

I don’t want to remember those days

Let the memory be buried in a haze

It’s not like I will become complacent

For I will be forever making statements

What has happened to me is simply amazing

I now can see the boat adjacent

With a couple sitting in with a basket

And a tartan blanket

This is fantastic

I can’t stop smiling

  Look at the children climbing

Such high hills

Covered in daffodils

With joy I’m crying

Soon I will be driving

I never believed this could happen to me

I’m overwhelmed now I can see

 

 © Fiona Cummings

No comments: