translate

Friday 15 April 2016

DIARY OF MY FRIDAY


Good afternoon Bloggets. It’s almost three in the afternoon and only now I have had time to sit and chat to you all. You would think I lead a very active and interesting life, no, just got up came downstairs and normal duty commenced. Beef cooking in the oven very slowly. Yack, it is a huge joint of poor cow. I hate touching raw meat. But little contact and in the pot with lid cooking for my family tonight. I have boiled some chunky potatoes now they are in a porcelain dish with oil salt pepper and herbs over the top ready to cook later on. Some carrots to peel and I may do some homemade Yorkshire puddings later too.

 

Teen has been to the gym. He got back last night at half eleven. So it meant we got to see him before time for bed. Yet more wrong with his car. Gosh really that car is a total curse. I’m fed up with it to the back teeth. So much I wish we could turn back time and Hub and I had more involvement but everything happened so fast we had no control. It won’t happen again like that I can tell you. I think he has learned his lesson too. Just to wait. Again, at least it starts. May look like a box of spanners, sound like a heavy smoker on a night out in the town, downing eleven whiskies’ after screaming all day, but it starts. I just hope it remembers to stop. As the breaks are not the best.

 

I have a load of work to do today. So many phone calls. About thirty. Trying to arrange various things. Then a phone call to make with regards a poem that someone wants me to write. I don’t know this person, so it’s always a little nerve wracking speaking with people like this for the first time as I have to read them to know what I need to write about.

 

Didn’t get my break this week I was hoping for at least to have a night somewhere. Not to be, so dream on Fifi.

 

No gardener this week, but a colleague has a Husband who I really like who is a gardener, so I’m hoping he will do a couple of hours for me soon.

 

Yesterdays internet? Well, we have had a lot of bother with our internet. Coming on then going off. In and out whatever is the terminology. Well, this has been going on for six months at least. We had someone out last Saturday. Hopeless. And yesterday, a man came out and before he even got to the Livingroom where our box is, he said he has spotted the trouble. Ants. Seriously. There is a ant’s nest in our lawn and they have eaten through the cable also the grass cutter has cut through it well; this is crazy that the cable is so exposed. So he spent an hour out there and he was fantastic. The ants I am going to have to deal with. We didn’t even know that they were there. I flipping hate being blind. Just little things like that we didn’t even know that the cable was exposed. Our neighbour is so kind and he cuts our grass for us. But he never said anything about ants, unless he didn’t see them either, but the man saw them straight away.

 

As for remembering the codas numbers passwords? Heck, thank goodness for Dictaphones. If you have any kind of sight failure or are totally blind, get a tiny hand held Dictaphone make sure you can use it before you purchase though as some are quite difficult to use, mine is so simple.

 

It’s a beautiful day now, Teen on his way out with his two friends. A girl and a lad to some lake. He came from the gym and then did eighty press ups. I wish I had half his energy. As for his bedroom, well that still remains a total mess as does his bird cage. He says tonight, having said that, he also is planning a meal out. So we shall see.

 

Some quick guide dog facts today. Did you know, that two out of three guide dogs in the UK wouldn’t be here without gifts in wills? There are also solicitors who will give you a free will if you say you are going to leave a small amount to Guide dogs. You can get a list of the ones in your area by contacting your local Guide Dog team.  

 

If you have a car that is beyond repair, contact Givacar. They are nationwide and will come free of charge and dispose of your car and donations will go to Guide Dogs.

 

OK, I have put this off as long as I can, so will now go and make those calls. Then I have to write out reports and email them. Then some work for the big office for my volunteering.

 

It’s the start of the weekend. I hope yours is a good one. Xxx

  

 

 

No comments: