translate

Friday 8 April 2016

DIARY OF the OFFICE


Good evening dearest Bloggets. It’s almost the pumpkin hour so just before the cuckoo calls curtain time, I wanted to come and have a chat with you all.

I’ve had a really lovely day. Woke up this morning about two hours after I fell asleep. A little apprehensive as I had a bigspeech to give I was to talk for one hour. It was to a Glaucoma society.

 

I had a quick breakfast you know that kind where you stand up whilst eating? Oh there was no milk so didn’t drink a cup of tea. Anyway I made a lunch for Hub to take to work and took some vegetarian pies from the fridge for me. Got my bag ready, with my old lap top in, and my new one, (don’t ask) earphones, Dictaphone and of course Waggatail, lead, harness and a couple of little treats for her. Picked up my mobile and on our way.

 

One hour later we arrived in the big office. Wagga was wiggling her bottom in a way that only Waggs can wiggle, why? Because she saw her Aunty Hermione. She stayed with her whilst we went on holiday. She is a lovely lady always makes me smile. Her humour is as dry as an unbuttered slice of toast.  She is great.

 

As the lovely staff arrived, announcing to me their names, this was and is each time I go to the big office, such a kind thing to do as sometimes when you can’t see, it’s so good to know who is saying hello as we don’t always recognise the voices.

 

Dear Debs made me a cup of tea and I started with good old reliable lap top number one, my old one. Hmm. Not too reliable so out came lap top number two…. That was OK but I’m not keen on it as it has the latest windows on it and it is a bit of a nightmare.

 

Answered some emails filled in my volunteering diary and then it was time to leave with Julie, bless her she has heard my talks so many times now, I one day expect her to bring a book to read whilst I’m talking.

 

I love Julie she is so professional a yet really friendly, knows exactly when to talk and what to say. Before arriving at where we need to give a speech, we just laugh, it’s so great to be able to chat to another lady in the way we do,  putting the world right.

 

Gosh what lovely people were at the meeting? There were about twenty and I can tell you it was a total pleasure. They were so very kind and donated £122 to Guide Dogs. That is amazing. And, they gave me a bottle of wine which I  donated to the raffle for Guide Dogs and Wagga got some big bonio biscuits but, when the lady  called  me  a week ago to discuss the speech today, our canary was singing his little heart out and she remembered that and bought him a box of seed. I mean, how kind? There were some lovely people there a darling of  a lady who closed the meeting as well as the two organisers and a really nice young guy called David who didn’t have anything wrong with his sight, but saw the advert and was interested. He was such a great young chap and I hope may be one day we will meet again. Who knows, he may become a volunteer for Guide Dogs?

 Julie and I came back to the office, the money was put safe and we went out part of our lunch hour for a lovely walk along the canal. Waggs enjoyed the sniffing as we looked at the boats and a man fishing. Julie described all what was around me. The air was fresh; it was just what I needed. Really. Did me the world of good.

 

Back to the office a quick chat with yet another nice friend and back to the lap top. Spot of lunch a pleasant afternoon and then time to come home.

 

I really really enjoyed today.

 

Also for close friends who know of what has gone on this week, well, there is a light shining down and thank goodness the darkness has been defeated by the light. A between the liners Bloggets.

 

Have a lovely weekend and I shall talk tomorrow. Xxxx

No comments: