translate

Friday 29 April 2016

DIARY OF CONVERSATION


It’s so cold outside, like winter. Waggatail and myself got soaking wet today whilst we had to go out. Slipping almost twice as we walked through a clump of mud and though there are no flowers or should I say blooms on the trees, the leaves are out in force. So a couple of wet slaps to the face as we passed by some overhanging trees. Soon will be the time of year when the sharp spikes are out to get us, from the thorny branches along the way.

 

Waggs stopped suddenly. I wondered why? I stopped to. I put my hand out there was nothing there. I put out my foot, again, no hole thankfully, this is where a white cane comes in handy as you can reach out far and find what the object is. Well, I normally can sense a car or something but there was nothing, just air. I had to trust my girl, and signal and ask her to find the off kerb. I don’t like doing that but the road was clear so we walked a strange kind of distance. Not long enough for a car and too far for a bin. So a skip? No, as when Wagga took me off the step, she walked me along the kerb on the road, so if it was a skip, it would be slightly on the road. I will never know what it was, but Wagga was really odd around the area. Gosh, I hope there was something there or we would have got even more funny looks than we normally do. Haha.

 

The rain came down more and the wind started. Gosh it was so cold too. The air was full of chilling dampness which danced around me, making me grateful that I had a big warm coat on.

 

We found where we needed to be though poor Waggs almost bellied the ground at one point as a huge truck came whizzing by, making the most awful noise. I didn’t jump, but poor Waggs did. She hates road sounds.

 

I feel sorry for the birds as I would guess that there are no berry’s on the trees with the poor weather? They will be babies too. I bought a couple of weeks ago half a coconut stuffed with seeds etc. it’s hanging in my back garden from a bird stand. The sparrows have been loving it according to Teen.

 

My gardener didn’t come but at least he texts me to let me know. There is no way he could have worked in that. It would be a mud bath.

 

Our house is warm so a cosy night in front of the telly. Teen coming in soon. He’s been out for tea.

 

On the BBC news tonight on the radio, was a report which headlines read “New treatment to give the blind sight.” Well, my heart was in my mouth. We often read articles on line or newspapers, but rarely it’s on the radio and even more rare, TV.

 

Professor Pete Coffey from the University of London, is the pioneer behind the project to cure blindness. All sounding good so far? Well this man studies for treatments to be used for those with sight to prevent blindness, so for a start that is me out… Slowly the elevation of hope began to head towards the basement.          Also it’s a start for those who are already blind. The Professor has been working on such treatment which deals with stem cells for eight years. Nine more patients are going to be treated by the study but the person who went through the treatment last year has had success. The eye condition known as macular degeneration which mostly effects the elderly, is the impairment that will be treat, not RP, but as I said I guess it’s a start, just journalists out there, please think about your head lines? I had to wait till the end of the news building up hope all the way, just to be thrown down the lift shaft. OK, perhaps that is the point, to get more people listening, but, surely you need people coming away from your broadcasts articles, feeling upbeat? Wanting more? Not reaching for the switch off button?

 

I still say that we are close though please? Meanwhile, keep us all fit and healthy so we are still hear for this big day, and what a day it will be.

 

My poor Husband talks about if I got my sight back, I would leave him. Gosh, I got so cross with him for saying this. Not a chance. I love that man. He is my soul mate. We have gone through too much to be together, to ever part. He has shown me the blind world; a place I couldn’t face before. I hope one day to welcome him into the sighted world but a sighted world with compassion, I would never forget those without sight, in fact it would be my life’s ambition for filled to help those who are blind and just can’t cope. And then one day all those who are blind and want treatment, I hope it will be there for them too.

 

Conversation between hub and myself late into the evening, gosh, where to begin? Religion was up there along with if there is a God why is he letting badness continue in the world? Why is he right now calling for a lady in her thirties with three children and a loving Husband? Why does he/she/it give children to those who will be bad parents and forbids those from having children who will be wonderful parents?

 

We talked about other existence in the vast universe and beneath the sea bed. What if there is life under the sea and they look up to see a sky but the sky is like ours, only their sky is our ocean? Funny how we send Astronauts up and can’t get deep enough to investigate beneath the sea? We touched on dying, how come people who die are calm? I would be so afraid. I’m terrified of dying. Hub is so the opposite in fact it scares me how calm he is about it. Mind you that is a gift in my opinion. And we ended on the dark subject of Pol Pot, born Saloth Sar in 1925 he was educated in a Buddhist monastery, such a peaceful start for such a cruel ending? Then he was educated in a Catholic school, ending his studies I believe in France, studding Radio electronics.

 

 He moved onto Yugoslavia working on roads. Then back to his country of Vietnam where he was told to rebell against the Government and the rest is history sadly that wasn’t pleasant so that was the topic just before bed. No wonder I don’t sleep. But I find myself enjoying discussions/debates immensely with my Husband, sadly his brain is tired after such a lot of writing during the day, where as I’m coming to life around about ten in the evening. I’ve heard of night classes, but that is ridiculous. Smile.

 

Wherever you are in the world, or Universe, I wish you well. Going now to catch up with your messages and mail. Thank you for them all. I love them and especially a dear Blogget of mine who has just had a holiday by the sea. You know who you are. Keep your mail coming I love to know more about your lives. X

  

No comments: