translate

Wednesday 27 April 2016

DIARY OF RP HOPE AND A SMILE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day to you all. Hub working from home today, teen has a day off work. So music coming from the conservatory and the odd naughty word from Hub who is in the living room, typing furiously battling with our network. Me? Thanks for asking smile. I have just emptied the dishwasher after cooking Hub brunch filled it again wiped down the kitchen and cleaned our coffee percolator. Going to groom the dogs and then do the dog run then some calls to make in the office and then I guess I must iron. Can’t do the floors whilst Hub is working.

 

After last night, it was after quarter to five this morning before I fell asleep. Just couldn’t. Oh but I was awake for the most beautiful sounds of the morning call from our black birds, a sound that you never hear during the day as they are drowned out by the traffic. So it was the normal song, but with a twist. One bird sang the most beautiful chorus ever to be known to man. It was too beautiful to be like a human whistling, a yet it had a defnet tune.

 Gosh, my brain told me to record the sound but my talent lacked in the ability to be able to play back the tune on the piano. Haha. A joke from last blog.

 

Seriously though, if I were to be able to record that tune, it would be amazing. I have been on this earth quite a while now, not long enough if my maker is listening, but long enough to know what is beautiful and what I have heard and I have never heard such a songbird.

 

The odd thing is, when I have in the past heard a beautiful bird, always by the way a robin, someone or something close to me has died. My Mum, my mother in law and my first guide dog darling BB, AKA Hannah. But they had died, and the sound wasn’t half as unique as this little beauty. Thing is, what was he singing? Who was he singing to?

 

A subject over our brunch table this morning. Kids at school who lose their stuff? My Son never ever lost anything. Hub said that his girls didn’t either. We came to the conclusion that may be it’s because they have blind parents? If you think about it, Hub and I grew up in a Victorian boarding school and if you didn’t look after your things, personal items, you never saw them again. Also when we used to go swimming as kids, we would put our socks inside our shoes. This is what I used to tell my Son to do the same. Then you don’t lose them. Kids that can see parents that can see, won’t even think of things like that. I guess they won’t even take notice where they are putting their items. Now I may get notes from my V.I.P friends telling me that their kids loss things all the time, smile, so it may just be quinky   dinky. Sorry to my Bloggets abroad, I mean coincidence.

 

Well that’s teen off to the gym. Gosh I wish I had in me what he has in himself. Oh you may laugh at this. My Son is getting rather concerned that I need to get fit. So, I proudly told him today that I had used the bar stools to do some leg lifts today, well, he was delighted, I thought, hang on a cotton picking minute, don’t get too happy, so on enquiry I asked him why was that such a good thing or achievement? Hahaha. Oh, hang on, hahahahah. He only thought I had lifted the bar stools up, one in each hand, where as a matter of fact, I used one at each side of myself to balance as I manoeuvred my hips. Hahaheheh. Oh, really shame on me.

There is a link at the bottom of this page to a touching story with hope but a little sadness for those with RP and a word for my Bloggets who are studying English. The word is really awful to remember how to spell, and I hope I have got it right, my spell check is for some reason giving me American spelling opposed to English. Now if only we all spelled like our American cousins, I would never have a problem with spelling, as their way makes more sense, having said that, I’m very English and I’m proud of our language, but this word is awful. So, what is the word? Please tell me UK’s that I have it correctly spelled on here?  You know when you start something and you wish you hadn’t bothered? Haha. But I have been asked to include one word for students to learn. So, word of the day here it is.

manoeuvred

 

and the RP link

I really feel for this lady, normally when I read of people who get help with a new treatment, and they see, even if it is just light and dark, or shadows, they always seem to be so ungrateful. This lady was so happy, only for it to be taken away from her, but there is light at the end of the tunnel for those with RP, and hopefully, all those who are blind?


 

No comments: