translate

Friday 6 June 2014

THE SCIENCE OF TIME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Well another week has passed. For me it has gone quickly, for Hub he said it has been a slow week. Time, it’s funny really how for some it fly’s and others it goes so slowly? I heard on the grapevine, and that may have been after the person telling me had a few too many of his grape juice, that Einstein was once to have said. “When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute, and it’s longer than any hour!” That’s relativity.   I know when Hub used to travel abroad, gosh; it went so slowly for me. I keep remembering those days and still shiver, thinking back how alone I felt and how much I missed the contact and conversation of another adult.

 

Time is not like our senses like for example sight, hearing, taste smell and touch.  With time we don’t so much sense it, but perceive it.

 

When our brains receive information, it doesn’t necessarily come in the proper order. This information needs to be reorganised and presented to us in a form we understand. When familiar information is processed, this doesn’t take much time at all.  New information, is a bit slower, and makes time feel elongated.  

 

Did you know that in our brain, time is not pin pointed like our senses? There are lots of different areas of our brain which is required for time? Unlike our common five senses, which can be pinpointed by a single specific area.

 

When we receive new information, our brain takes longer to process it all. The longer this processing takes, the longer time seems to be. An yet when we have received familiar information, because our brain has received that information before, time goes quicker, as our computers, in other words brains, don’t need  downloading, so time goes faster.         

  

It’s seven in the morning. As you may know, my blogs are spontaneous. Haha. I think it’s too early to be scientific, right? My Hub is getting ready for work and for some reason I feel wide awake. I slept very well, listened to my PPod for a few moments, hahaha. It will always be my PPod, never IPod.

I love it. I’m a professional now at ordering on Itunes with the touch screen. I’m always a mile behind other blind people when it comes to technology, but I get there in the end, though the idea of such a gift from Hub at Christmas, terrified the living daylights out of me.

 

OK already talking of brains, mine is focussed on what’s for tea for the boys? Hmm. It’s salt and pepper chicken. For me? Not sure yet. I’m thinking what jobs need doing today too. At least the sun is out. My canary, Irish you know, is singing and flying around his cage. I love him, and I love his song. The Irish canary sings so beautifully in comparison to other canary’s. I hope my dogs behave today? My Hubs LC has gone to work with him. She stayed with me yesterday and the three of them really acted up. Like naughty children, but the cute thing was, my Son described looking out of the window as I tried to get Waggatail in the house from the yard, and she would not come in. He said how cute, I said I will give her cute if she doesn’t come in? He said she was walking around the garden, then walked into her little dog run and did her business, then back out to sniff and play, then went back in her dog run to do something else. That is quite cute, I must admit. Most dogs would just do it anywhere, right? Hmm. My old girl Black beauty does.

 

OK on that  image on your brain, haha. I shall go for now. Take care of yourselves and I will be back later. With love, you’re faithful Fifi Blogget.

No comments: