translate

Tuesday 24 June 2014

DRUJBU BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Drujbu

By Fiona Cummings

Through thick and thin

We shall be together

Deep within

Our hearts beat forever

How could I leave you?

With words so blue

All we have been through

Life so true

Sorry for the pain I have caused

I said I was ready to close

But like the thorns on a winter rose

I was protecting myself

Blowing dust from the shelf

Ready for new

 I can’t think of life without you

Please forgive me

And all I have done wrong

May our friendship go on?

As we together are strong

We have been through generations

Seen old and new relations

Stuck out the whole duration

For you I am full of adulation

And I am so grateful to all you have done

We are like an old battered car

Down the road this far

So let’s not break down now

As we grow old

With lines on our brow

I just needed to understand why and how

That’s all

Your call

 

No comments: