translate

Thursday 19 June 2014

FOR SALE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FOR SALE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Who put me here?

I’m for sale but I’m too deer

Not worth the price tag

I may as well be put in a bag

A locked cupboard out of the way

 Will anyone come for me one fine day?

It’s as though no one can see me

I look at them

But they see through me

I’m a ghost to them

A lost wondering spirit

Who was I in my past life?

Surrounded by evil

And perhaps was a rebel

Ruled by the knife

Walked through the fire

This was my desire

Why do I think this?

Because of time now

I must have had a kiss

Right on the brow

From a dark past

Surrounded by a cold cast

Protecting him from all his enemies

He would have had so many victories

Who will set me free from my trap?

How can I avoid the broken concrete gap?

Slipping through time

Existing with crime

Feeling the needles from the pine

Rubbing the new of the shine

Leaving footprints for a while

Removing a perfectly normal smile

Does someone have a key?

To set me free?

No comments: