translate

Thursday 19 June 2014

PIANO TUNER HAS ARIVED


Here I sit in the office. I have the window open and it’s nice and warm with a very gentle flow of air. Children at the local school are practicing for their sports day. Our piano tuner is here. OMG? I tell you, it’s like the pigging funeral march. But he seems a nice man, not homeless like the last chap. Haha. I have confidence in him, but of course Hub is at work, so isn’t here to do the fine tuning. I trust the man though, there is something about him and he too writes blogs, so he must be alright, yes? Hehehehe.

 

One note per second though with the very odd code thrown in. I hope he will end it on a proper tune, they normally do. Then when Hub comes home, he will test it out, oh boy, I’m anxious as it was left to me to pick this person and took me ages on the internet to try to find a good one.

 

He gets one £ per minute, not bad right? Having said that, when I write a poem for someone, I get a pound a minute too. But I can write a poem in fifteen minutes. For friends/family, just people I care about, I can write one in less than five minutes, as they come from my heart, but when my poems are constructed, I have to think about the person/people the poetry is for, it takes a bit longer. I really like to feel poetry, you know what I mean?

 

My boy is at the gym today/now. Then he is off to college. His gf went to Scotland on a school trip. She got sun stroke, so had to go all the hours back to her Mothers in the south of England. For sun stroke? Most people recover from that in a few hours…

 

OK, now the school bell is ringing. Our avenue of all sorts is very quiet today. I have a gardener coming next week. A proper one and one we can not only trust, but he knows what he is doing, but I can’t afford him full time. I am sure he won’t come out for less than four hours, and we only need after this time, a couple of hours per month. He will remove the carpet of weeds in our back garden on the patio and remove two stupid shrubs from our front garden have wanted rid of them since we moved here. They are the kind of shrubs that you should plant between houses to give privacy and these ones are kissing our brickwork on our house, so I am afraid they will go under the bricks and our house will suffer from subsidence.

 

Gosh I was really surprised yesterday Hub read my blog and he never does, but it was on parenting and he was really impressed. It’s been ages since I wrote like that I used to a lot, but now it’s just chit chat. I was rather pleased though as my Hub is a clever man so to get such a complement from him was kind. Normally he doesn’t like what I write, haha. Well, thank God most of you are OK with it, or this would be a lonely page.

 

Our canary, Irish you know? Is too quiet. Normally music makes him sing as though he is a contestant for the X Factor. Thank God he is quiet today as the piano tuner needs a quiet environment. Mind you, listening to that, I am with our bird, it’s not exactly music…

 

OK, I will write more later, I am going to write to my friend from Russia’s Son now. To ask if we are going to see him?

 

Later with love. X

No comments: