translate

Wednesday 18 June 2014

FOREVER MANYANA


It is so beautiful out there I just want to sit in my garden. But have been really busy. Oh I can’t wait to just get away from housework and troubles. A funny thing happened today. Well, my shopping due at mid-day, tomorrow the new piano tuner, well that will be a blog I bet? And Friday we are getting a new thing fitted for our heating called HIVE. It’s great, but whether it’s accessible or not, we will find out soon. Basically you control your heating by your IPhone. Well I haven’t got a pigging IPhone, so will I freeze in winter?

 

Or what if Hub loses his IPhone? Haha. Oh God tech scares me so much, it sounds crazy this device though. I will tell you more about it on Friday.

 

So the bell rang on our front door. I hurried down stairs as I was sorting out ironing in the guest room. Flew over the two lazy dogs and through two doors got to the front  door, then like a jailer, I found the right key to fit into the right whole.

 

Opened the door it was just before eleven in the morning. I was expecting two T-shirts for my holidays so I held out my hands for the parcel.

 

A man said

“Hi, I know I’m early, but I tried calling your land line, but there was no answer. I hope you don’t mind me being early?”

Well we don’t have a land line anymore. Who was this guy?

Me.

“Oh, so you are not my parcel then. Haha.

Man

“Sorry? Em. No, as I said I’m early.”

Me.

“OK, who are you?

Man

“Who am I?”

Obviously the man is looking at me thinking who is this idiot? What is she talking about?

 

I asked him again, who was he?

There was silence. I wondered had he ran away in fear.

Such a challenging question I asked, I mean, who are you? Must take a lot of grey matter to answer that right?

 

Well he stood in silence for a while, I did too. Did he want me to ask him in? No way. Oh heck, was he the piano tuner a day early, this is what he meant by early? Or the gas man on the total wrong day? Or, a parcel? Em, no. He was my shopping man.

Of course a huge van outside with the name of my shopping on. Hahaha. So if he didn’t know I was blind, I guess it must have been a bit odd?

Well, I told him I was blind, and he said sorry. Thank God he was still there and hadn’t run away?

 

My shopping all in the house safe, door locked and odd man away.

Now time to put it all away. There are a couple of mystery items I’m not at all sure about.

 

Oh my God, you should see my fridge? I open the door with such care. Before the ingrediance falls out.

I have no style or any organisation with my fridge. It’s a total mess. My Hub will have a fit as he is so good with putting things away.

 

I hate that job. I wonder in the future if there will be some kind of tech that will put your groceries away for you. I bet there will be?

 

I mean, the heating device I was talking about, when you leave the house, it tells you if you have left your heating on and when you are so far from the house, it calls you and asks if you would like to turn your heating on? How cool is that? Well, it will be if it’s accessible.

 

I just got to the last bag of shopping and the door went again. It was loads of Braille.

Put that away, it’s all a foreign language for me and went upstairs as to prepare for my lesson today

 

Then the door went again, it was my new T-shirts. Then got back upstairs and again, the bell. It was Teen home from college. Eyes streaming with Hay fever.

 

Back upstairs and another two knocks on the door, one of them was a real serious knock. Like PC Plod.

 

Had some lunch late, saw to my girls and was talked to by teen.

 

Now teen out with his friend, fishing. I’m here waiting to give a lesson on English over skype and I don’t care who comes to the door, I’m not in…

 

Not a bad day, my boy is doing well at college. I’m really proud of him. He still hasn’t booked tickets to see his Dad though, or bought his shoes to go away or a shirt he needs.

 

 Always manyana with my boy. But he told me of his near plans and they sound great. Cats and mice Bloggets…

 

I spoke with my dearest Yam the other day and after her talking with me I feel so much better. I would like to dedicate the poem I will publish soon to her.

 

Until later with love, hugs and absolutely no bugs.

No comments: