translate

Monday 9 June 2014

NEWS VIEWS AND MORE


Hi Bloggets. I hope you are all well? Today I have been out with my friend. We went to the shops and had a great girly day. She is the only friend I have ever been out with who is fun and who actually enjoys shopping. It has been red hot today and raining parts too. Now, I’m in my conservatory waiting for my Husband coming home. It’s almost nine in the evening. My Hub will be tired. He left the house at quarter to eight and isn’t home yet. After work, he went to our local society to do more work but this time volunteering. It does wind me up ever so slightly, as it’s not easy work and not only is it just for the meeting tonight, but there is always something to do for the society after the night of the meeting, but he is on the board, so feels obligated.

 

I bought a microwave a couple of weeks ago and it’s broken already. My boy checked the fuse and it’s not that. It was not deer, but at the same time, almost £50, so that should last more than two weeks? I used it about three times. So I have fed teen and now Hubs dinner is trying to keep warm in the oven. I think it will be cold time he gets in, as he is coming home by bus.

 

I’m not really having any tea, not hungry. I had four triangles of sandwiches when I was out with my friend. I have a head ache from hell, but that may be because the devil is too close. Read between the lines?

 

My Son has been rather active this week. I’m pleased to say he is almost finished his course at college. Pleased so we can relax for a while, hopefully he will get his results he wants, I’m sure he will, he is very very clever and years ahead as far as maturity is concerned, just likes to be the class clown, and I must admit, when he is clowning around, he is hysterical.

But hysterics, the tutors are not keen on right?

 

We are going on holiday in a few weeks. I found a great price. We so need this break. Hub and I have had a tough year with his job situation and not knowing our future as far as finances go, or whether or not we would have to sell this house, but thank Goodness, he found another job, half his previous pay, but still enough to be able to stay here.

 

So much going on in the Blogget household right now, so much. Can’t really go into it though.

 

In a couple of days, I’m off with Hub to de stress the students. Hahaha. That day will be interesting; we are going to our local University.

 

Tomorrow Hub is working in Nottingham. So over a 12 hour day again, but a short one after that.

 

So now its some hours later after I wrote the above

After two in the morning. I have not been to sleep yet. Still have this awful head ache. Its stress, I know it is. Even my P pod didn’t get me to sleep tonight.

I’m downstairs having a cup of tea.

 

In four hours, my Husband has to be up for the day. And I haven’t been to sleep yet.

I guess I should try soon? Or maybe not?

 

Before I go, here’s some news which grabbed my attention from Google news.

Schools will be told they must promote “British values” in the classroom in the wake of the Birmingham “Trojan Horse” investigation into allegations of a takeover of the city's schools by hard-line Islamists.

“At last, something is going to be done about this. It’s so awful the stories coming out about these schools.”

 

A four-day summit on sexual violence in war is to begin in London, hosted by UK Foreign Secretary William Hague and UN Special Envoy Angelina Jolie.

“My God, that will get the tourists excited? Will there be queues for this event?”

 

Two attacks in which three men were sprayed with a liquid, thought to be ammonia, near a nightclub in south London are being treated by police as homophobic crimes.

“This is so horrible. What’s wrong with people?”

 

TV licence evaders and motorists caught speeding on the motorway face a fourfold increase in fines. The maximum penalty in a magistrates' court for not buying a TV licence will leap from £1,000 to £4,000.

“I wonder where the fines go to. Charity? Hmm.”

 

Driverless - or 'autonomous' - cars may be commonplace by 2020, some analysts say, and are touted by proponents as more sustainable than their driven counterparts.

“The future is scary. WE will end up like space. Flying cars and cars we just sit in and command. Very weird. Do you get the impression one day we will have no decisions to make on our own? Everything will be decided and not by humans.”

 

A daily “tomato pill” could ward off heart disease, according a study that pins down one of the key benefits of the Mediterranean diet.

“This sounds fantastic, but I hope it’s not one of those stories of help and cures, and then we never hear anything from that again?

 

The economic cost of supporting someone with autism over a lifetime is much higher than previously thought, research suggests. It amounts to £1.5m in the UK and $2.4m in the US for individuals with the highest needs, say UK and US experts.

“So what are we to do about this? Find a cure? Kill the people who need help? Let’s hope the first suggestion? Crazy.”

 

Well, my eyes are now closing, so I shall retire for now and chat a little later. X

No comments: