translate

Thursday 12 June 2014

CRAZY ME!


Good morning Bloggets. Loads to talk about today. Sorry I have not been in touch for a day or so but I have had a lot on here in the Blogget household.

 

Let’s skip a couple of nights and jog on to yesterday.

 

Hub and I took a taxi to our University in our city.

 

Little Waggatail had a good run the day before with my neighbour Di, who kindly took her out on the race track. Race track for horses…

 

Wagga loved it. Came back after having a great run with a new friend and discovering the muddiest puddle in the world!

Well, she of course had to investigate it a bit more, all in the name of science of course, poor Di did try to clean her, but two vacuums later and her being groomed sprayed and towel dried, we still found mud moments before we were due to leave on her back legs, but it was fun… So she told me, and it calmed her down whilst we worked at the University.

 

We told our taxi company that we had two dogs to provide a large car. So what did they send us? A tiny car.

 

Anyway, fifteen minutes later and just under £15, we arrived.

 

I felt anxious, why? I think because I’m out of touch with public speaking. I used to do it a lot, to business men, companies and groups, but I haven’t done a talk in three years. My last one was in America. I didn’t know really what to expect and what I found was not what I imagined.

 

Well, I thought that perhaps five or six students would turn up, but in fact, it was two hundred. We were told there would have been more, but half of them have gone home for the summer. The students paid too, to come into the hall!

 

Well, I sat in a dedicated area, Hub left me straight away whilst he meted and greeted.

I could have killed him. He also left me with Long Chops, who is half German Shepard, well; they are very loyal to their owners, so as soon as he left, she started to cry. In fact, no, howl.

 

I was worried about the behaviour of Waggatail, but she was perfect. She lay there as perfect as can be.

 

The press were there, about four different organisations and on line media too.

 

There were two puppies there, and I swear one of them was the younger sister of my Wagga. She looked so similar in the body and the name of the dog I am sure was two letters above my dog, and this is how guide dogs work. They are named alphabetically, so if my dog starts with W, then her siblings after her would be Y, then two after her would be z

OK sharp Bloggets, I do know my alphabet, so one after my dog should really be X right? Well Guide dogs don’t have the letter X I don’t think, so that is why it would go to Y. The age of the dog was five months too, so my Wagga is three, so her siblings would be a year and a half, and then this baby. OK, perhaps a load of rubbish, but they are all bred in centres across the country, so there is a high chance. It was the initial, the age and the fact the pup was a black Labrador, oh and the big give away was the tail never stopped wagging. Hahahaha.

 

Then one of Hubs colleagues took me to see an elderly lady, who had brought her ten year old dog. Now this lady must have been at least eighty. She told me her Husband died just before Christmas. He was ninety.

 

So did this lady curl up and hide? No, she still goes out most days and even takes her dog on free runs. She’s aware she has to retire her dog in a couple of months, but is on the list for another one. Bless her. What a soldier.

 

It amazes me when I hear these stories, as I’m not at all sure I could be that brave at that age.

 

The only thing is I would worry about the dog, as the lady may not be able to go out in a couple of years, who knows? If she can’t well what happens to the dog? A new owner? And this is sad for the dog who is not a pair of glasses, but a dog with a heart. I know if my Hub was to give LC up, she would pine away.

 

Everyone was so lovely and it was great to meet with some of Hubs colleagues. The downside was Hub had to sport his work T-shirt. He wears a suit and shirt for work, but if he is in a public place, he has to wear the t-shirt with the logo on and text number for donations, because he works for a charity that is not supported by the Government. Oh my God? I told him I hope we don’t bump into any of my friends with him wearing that? Hahahaha.

 

Then in came the students. Two hundred of them at the end of the day had registered and right at the end of the day, Hub and I were asked if we wouldn’t mind if another larger group came to see us.

 

The University kindly donated money to Guide dogs too, as well as the kind students but the main game for Hub and I was to inform kids in a fun kind of way how they can help blind people in the future if they see us on the streets, or bus stops or even in shops. Also to let them have a bit of an insight of what it is like to be blind. Also to hopefully get some volunteers and perhaps future employees for Hub.

 

I could not believe how interested the young people were. My word I was so impressed. They were well spoken, kind, caring and hungry for information. We were unique. I wondered if we were the only blind people to ever come into their lives?

 

I kind of hope that one out of all of them would perhaps offer to be a dog walker, as we explained, if my Hub takes LC to the field, she will not guide him properly, as she is excited, but if my dog goes, she will kind of guide me. Let them off the led on the field? Hmm. Hubs is perfect; she will come back, mine? Em. Nope.

 

Then how do I get home? So I never take her on my own, which restricts her free runs and being a young dog, she needs those.

So I hope one student will offer help for another blind person as iwi have my friend Jill and as I said my kind neighbour took Wagga out the other day and if I pay my Son he will too.

 

It was a tiring day, but not at all challenging. My speech days came back as though they had never gone away. It was just tiring to remain so enthusiastic for the students not to get bored.

 

At least I felt for some hours that I may have been useful and we raised a lot of money for Guide dogs. Not sure how much yet, but I think about a thousand pounds and there is going to be a guide dog council now. This is fantastic.

 

Hubs colleague brought us home. I was so hungry. We had nothing to eat before leaving and when we were there was asked if we wanted any food, but we declined. We hate eating on duty. Always conscious.

 

I was exhausted. Not because we worked hard all we did was talk and be as much fun for the young people as we could. Who wants to hear from people moaning and crying? If you pay for something, you should enjoy it. Don’t get me wrong, I told some facts too, but always left the conversation with a positive note. We had four groups per hour to talk with, so it was a busy day.

 

My friend from Russia said when picked babykins up from the nursery; he was bare foot and holding his blanket. This is his blanket when he is stressed. Oh my heart feels for him, but having said that, I was there forever for my Son and you get treat at the end of the day dreadfully, so perhaps hard is good? At least the parents won’t get hurt. As for me right now? I’m crushed. There is so much to think about here. I miss my Mum so very much. If only she could help me from where she is now?

 

It’s very hot here today. The road is as busy as ever outside my windows. Children are screaming in the local school yard. The birds are singing and I can smell the local chocolate factory from here so there must be a gentle wind in the right direction.

 

I have so much housework to do. I have taken something out of the freezer as need an easy tea tonight. Now then, what is it? Hmm. Not sure. Perhaps my Son will tell me when he gets up? If not, I will cook it anyway. I know it’s not vegetarian as my food is in the top of the freezer. The boys have the rest of the freezer apart from the bottom drawer that is for bread.

 

What will I have? Hmm. Don’t really cares right now, I’m not into eating, and this is good. I will lose some weight. This week I have lost 4lbs. A very long way to go, but at least in the right direction, the trouble with me is, I can loss a chunk of weight if I starve, but then I put it all on and more. And tomorrow night we are out with friends for evening dinner. I just hope my nerves will be OK and I can be the fun Fi everyone knows?

I know I’m not well when this morning I missed my Husband before he left the front door. Crazy me!

No comments: