translate

Thursday 12 June 2014

PIANO TAKE 2


It’s still red hot, wow, have we reached summer? Two days in a row where it has been lovely? Thank God as my friends from Russia would have thought it really does rain every day in England. Well, today I have done loads of work on the internet, searching for a good piano tuner for Hubs piano. After the disaster of the last piano tuner, we were a little reluctant to get another one. Do you remember him? I wrote this blog on hi a long time ago it seems now reading about my teen, brings back memories. Here is the blog I wrote way back a couple of years ago now...

We moved our Irish canary upstairs

  So that when our new piano tuner came, he

Would be able to tune without additional music from the Irish one! Bless Deans little

Claws, though he was put on the floor, in his cage, he still sang. Nothing bothers

Our little singer.

 

I have never met this man, he was recommended by a friend

From church. Well he was on time. He came to the door and said he did not know

If he was early or late?

  

“That’s a good start, I thought? I told him he was perfectly

on time. He told me it took two buses to get here. Then he told me how hot it

was and started to remove parts of his clothes? This was the O M G moment.

  Thankfully, he stopped at I think his tie.

 Then he looked at the piano and told me what a beautiful

piano it is? I thanked him and then he sighed and said quietly,

 “God!”

 

Not sure what

he meant, unless he was daunted, as it is rather a nice one and cost a

mortgage. 

Well, that was four hours ago! Oh

  my word? I am sick of whispering? The noise

is dreadful? Thank God we live in a detached house? Our dogs are sitting with me

in the conservatory. Moaning and as I said to my friend, about to howel at

  any moment. My love is in the kitchen. I have

prepared the tea and I had to leave my Hub, as he is complaining about every

note. His ear is so perfect. He told me that he is not sure the piano tuner was

doing it correctly? Normally our tuner from the last house, took about two

hours max. I keep going in, every half hour, asking if he is ok? He sighs and

says, yes. Then I wait for a bit more, nothing. When he does talk, he is like a

wet lettuce! Have you ever heard a wet lettuce talk?

 

I asked the teen, what did he look like?

 

“Oh, Mum, He wears his trousers pulled right up to his

chest!” Haha. “Ok,” I continue asking, “And?”

 

“He has a shirt on with a pen in the pocket…..!” “And hair?

I ask.

 

“Oh, yes, he has some!” What time will he be finished? Thank

God he is not charging by the hour? I have a great friend in Russia, and she

had a piano tuner years ago, he was there forever and I asked her if he was

charging by the hour? She thought that was so funny and went and told her old

Mum, who laughed…The only thing is, she told her Mum, in the same room as the

tuner?

 

Oh, gosh, now he is playing our piano? Oh I am staying right

out of it.

 

Well the little one, well, all six foot of him, is playing

football now. He has been invited to a Halloween party, I told you of his

costume

  choice? Well thank the Lord, he

has chosen a real scary outfit…… “Em, not.

A Mexican man!!!!!! He is blonde, with blue

eyes and very pale skin…. One good thing, is that the parents have arranged an invitation,

where by a bracelet has been attached to the paper and if the people have not

got it on on the night, they will not be allowed in. Great, hopefully, a sensible

parent at last? Will find out in a couple of weeks.

 

Oh our man, now is playing quite nicely. Oh just wish he

would finish?

“Well, that was then, I can tell you we have not asked the man back. He took four hours. I think he said six words in total. The piano was rubbish when he finished. I think he was homeless and came in for some warmth? Really, he was a very odd man. I think the one I have found today sounds perfect. I have done so much research to try to make sure this man is a good guy. I will let you know next  Thursday, as that is when he is coming.

 

My Son is at the gym for a couple of hours. This is good for him. He has been out a lot with his friends of late too, this makes a nice change. To the cinema and a night  club where he danced and had a great night with his pals. This is what he should be doing at his age.

 

Meeting the students yesterday, I did wonder so much?

 

OK, I’m melting now, so will go out of here and do some work in the garden. I have to snip our roses and tye them back. This is hard when you are blind. Firstly I have to find the dam things, hahaha. Then I may chill with a cool drink and listen to some music. I never do such simple things. I hope to today. Just get away from what needs to be done.

 

Next week my Son going to his Fathers, to a party… I pray he will have a good time and not end up in the state he got into last time? That was a nightmare, but that was the last time he went out drinking with my x’s family, when he was sixteen and was put on a train home and couldn’t stand up when he got off the train so dangerous, but I pray my Son and his Father have learned a lot since then. I have reminded my Son it’s fathers day so many times, let’s hope my x gets a card on Sunday?

 

Until later with love.

No comments: