translate

Friday 13 June 2014

HELP FOR RETINITIS PIGMENTOSA


It’s really a lovely fresh day. I am sitting in my garden. Oh God it’s not what I would ever call tranquil. Our last house you could hear a pin drop. Here, it’s as though I am sitting in the middle of the motorway. Then of course there are people cutting their grass, this is a nice smell in the gentle fragrance of not so far away BBQ’s and sweet summer flowers. Strimmer’s are being used and birds are singing, I can just about hear the song of the sparrows among the engines, lawn moors, strimmer’s and the odd door of a car closing. I have no fear of anyone hearing my voice over software, as I, can hardly hear it. But the gentle breaze of the summer wind is lovely, a break s yesterday was far too hot.

 

If only there was not a road here? It would be so lovely. But it’s peaceful out of the house. I have twelve paws home today, tip tapping on our wooden floors and our Canary, Irish you know, is singing in training for his huge concert, whereby he will perform at the London Palladium for our queen and country. Haha. Well, he acts as though that is what he is rehearsing for!

 

So is it traffic and garden sounds? Or dogs paws and a very vocal Canary…?

 

Out here it is. I really should be in the house working. I feel rather bad. Can’t really relax, this is why I need a holiday. I really do. Just to do nothing for seven days. No cooking or cleaning. Oh I pray it will be a success? I have booked a cruise. It’s half the price of what it would have been if we had stayed in a hotel. I can’t believe it. Really, me on a cruise? My God? I would have never imagined me on a cruise. I will for sure have plenty of blogs to write when I get home, I’m not sure yet if I will take with me my lap top. Because what will my Hub do whilst I write? So I think I will keep a mental diary, after all, you normally read my mental diary’s, right?

 

We are going to a part of my dream holidays. Norway. I love Norway, only been once with Hubs work and though I didn’t really leave the grounds we stayed in and only stayed for two days, it was the feel of the place. So peaceful and stress free. I need stress free.

 

Today been writing with my American Mum who lives in Mexico. I love her and miss her so much. I kind of put all my troubles on her shoulders bless her, but just need a Mum right now.

 

I have a great friend who is going through or has gone through what I have gone through with part of my life, so she has been a great support too. But a holiday I beg will be what we need and I hope teen will enjoy it, away from all bad and feel fresh air, eat lovely food and take in the sea air. I just hope he relaxes and chills for a week before returning back to, well, my Bloggets will know what I mean when I say just life?

 

The air will be fresh on a ship in the middle of the sea, away from pollution. I just hope we don’t sink? Haha. I hate swimming and you should see me when I try? It’s as though I’m having a fit of some sorts. My Hub is a great swimmer and he is so funny, he strongly holds me in the water as though I’m his little girl. Haha haha. I must say, I am rather childish in water and have been known to scream……

 

One thing is, if we go down with the ship, I won’t go quietly. I’m kind of excited for this holiday and yet very apprehensive too. I also wished we were going with our friends from Mexico as a year ago we talked about going on a cruise together. I am at my happiest when I am with Hub, teen and my American Mum and English Dad. That was who I went to stay with when we went to America, and it was the best holiday of my life as I have written about. Not for what we did though that was spectacular, but for the family atmosphere. I miss that feeling so much. It’s been almost sixteen and a half years since I felt that. In a month, it will be sixteen years since my Dad died. God where does time go?

 

Tomorrow I am for sure going to the town. I have a haircut booked. Also we must go to the bank. I have bought Hub a gift for our wedding anniversary we have been married four years soon. I hope he likes what I have bought him? My kind friend ordered it for me on line and will get it tomorrow.

 

Tonight going out with friends for a meal.

 

A thought before I go, do you think in two years’ time, I will be sitting here writing this without my voice over software? I mean, will I need it? I had a premonition a couple of weeks ago, sadly I haven’t had it since, but, when I get them, if I don’t take any notice, they keep coming and hit me until I take the message. This message was so clear, I took it immediately. It said in two years there will be help with my sight. Now, will that be a cure, or just help to see shadows lights and so on? I’m not sure. I wish I knew, but if it was my imagination, I would have said eight years. As two years to my mind is a little quick, so take this date down and see from now to two years’ time, if I’m right?

 

If I could see right now, oh my word. How different my life would be? How light my heart would become and my soul would skip. I would probably be arrested as I would be compelled to just look, no, stare at everything and everyone, taking in every single moment of life. My friend says I should be comfortable with my blindness, well, that’s OK, she can see. Even if my blind friends are comfortable with their blindness, doesn’t say I have to be right?

 

I won’t hold back when I say, I hate being blind, I hate it so much, yes it’s great to do achieve something and say I’ve done that on my own, but to do that something, takes up so much energy planning and effort. Sometimes having to hurt so much before I get the ball in the goal.

 

There are things that need doing and I can’t do them, as they do need sight. Most of my blind friends do have sighted relatives to help out. We don’t. I don’t ask teen to do anything anymore unless I feel it’s something that he can do the same as we can, I ask him as any parent would ask a teenager to do something. Anything we can’t do, I never ask him.

 

OK, now to the noise there are the school children half a mile away, I can hear them clearly and then there will be the other children over the fence shouting in the playgrounds, so on that note, what note? I’m not quite sure; I know I said I would end my blog on a thought, haha. That was some thoughts ago, right? Well, just think about the two year thing? Have hope as without hope, what do we have? I know some people don’t need hope, that’s fine, good on them, but for those who do! My hand in yours on this journey of ours. X

No comments: