translate

Saturday 28 June 2014

MORMONS MADE ME MAKE MY MIND UP


Tonight we watched a rather disturbing program on Mormons. Oh my word? I didn’t know how dangerous that religion is? I mean, I would say it’s very close to   the Muslim religion.

 

The program depicted a young lad aged 20 who had to leave his family and friends, not see them for two years until he had time to be brow beaten, oh, em, no, sorry, time to learn about Mormonism.

 

Poor lad was crying, I had a lump in my throat as he told the lady who was interviewing him, that he missed his family. He was grieving. He had to have a person at his side at all times. Just so he didn’t say anything wrong. It showed how the lad changed over the weeks. It was frightening.

 

I always naively thought that to be a Mormon was harmless. No, it’s too sad. Oh and did you know, they have to wear special kind of underwear?

 Say what?

 This is underwear that helps to prevent the urge to desire others. What on earth is that like? The interviewer asked what it looked like. And she was told they wouldn’t discuss it.

 

They have to work without a wage. An yet, find about £6000 to give the church per year.

They don’t drink alcohol, great, I’m with them there. Oh they don’t drink coffee either. They are expected to sign up four people a year too. I wonder what will happen if they don’t make that number up? I bet their two years will be extended.

 

The program went on and really so much that was said was really frightening. I really really didn’t know half of what it was all about, for example they believe after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, he was resurrected and went to America. Haha.

 

The churches are locked only open for Mormons. Why, what have they got to hide?

 

Loads was said and it’s really really horrible to see a religion that is so very strict. I mean, who says that is right, like any religion. I wonder why we have to have rules with religion

 

I wish we could have a Fifi religion. Just love each other, respect too and if you don’t respect each other, and then may be learn to understand the person you don’t respect, if after you have studied them, and you still don’t respect them, well walk away.

 

There is a lot of respect in that last paragraph? Hahaheheh

 

I would love a religion where people feel loved and wanted. Where after a get together, everyone feels uplifted. Give people challenges that they will achieve with comfort and pride. Do things for people. Hub says he used to have Mormons who did his garden. May be that is where I’m going wrong with my gardening? He used to tell them

“Isn’t it convenient that the book was written in a language that no one could read? When many languages have survived for much longer?”

The person that was supposed to have found the plates of gold with the writing on, was called

Joseph Smith

Smith?

And Joseph?

So what do you think?

Really, you should read more about the religion as I thought I knew a bit about it, but until tonight, I really knew nothing. I have just skated around some of the facts, but to see this young man crying because he was forbidden from seeing his family was too sad.

……

 

Well, I shall close for the night, I just really wish religion was not so controlling. Cults are the worst car crash in life.

No comments: