translate

Wednesday 18 June 2014

MY ADOPTED MAM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY ADOPTED MAM

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Do you know what you mean to me

You are the eyes mine can’t see

You are the laughter I sometimes can’t find

You put the goodness into the word kind

You make me the person I am

You are my adopted Mam

Your words of wisdom

Echo in my heart

You are fun

And I wish we never had to part

You’re always there

To say how you care

Your stories you like to share

You tell me how it is

You are the bottle with the fizz

The sun in the sky

My good home baked apple pie

My southern rose

My angel in human clothes

You have a gift

To be able to lift

I wanted to tell you

How much I love you

How grateful I am

And I know I can

Because you said I could

I just need to believe in myself

And all I do that is good

For the bad things are out of my control

And the pain that burns to my soul

You took away

Even for a day

After talking with you

I can tell you what’s true

And that is our relationship

And words we tell each other

Help may just have come from your lips

But your pill of care went right to my head

I will forever remember the words you said

And I hope to live by that rule

Stop being a fool

And wake up to the garden of life

Learn to live through all the strife

And I know I can

With your help

Thank you my adopted Mam

No comments: