translate

Saturday 14 June 2014

FIFI AT THE PARTY


Hi Bloggets.  OK, I am going to try to write my blog a little tipsy. I have had the equivalent of a drink teenagers have as their starter’s drinks at a party. And I am rather Em, well; let’s just say my brain is not quite connected with my fingers typing this blog.

 

Really, I can get drunk on a glass of water. Fi and alcohol don’t really go hand in hand.

 

So my day so far. This morning my friend delivered a gift I bought my Hub for our Anniversary. Bless her cotton socks. She’s great. So tomorrow our handy man will come and fix it together.

 

I was so cross with Hub, he guessed what it was before my friend even brought it home. It’s a garden pod. You know those swings where only one person sits in it? Our friends from America had one in their garden and I have never seen Hub look so chilled, so I hope to mirror those fine days from a couple of  years ago, well three to be precise.

 

OK, in our back yard, among all the traffic isn’t quite the tranquil surroundance of our friends acreage in America among the deer’s and woodland, but one can have an imagination, right? OK, it will have to be one heck of an imagination, but I hope he will be able to at least relax a bit.

 

Then Hub and I went to town. Well, it’s trooping of the Colour in the UK and of course England game in football world cup and then our local horse race course    sported a huge race today. So people were everywhere. But we did our bank then sat in a coffee shop for over an hour, I called my friend from Russia who is in the UK to come but she couldn’t, but I am seeing her tomorrow I think in the town.

 

Then I went for my hair cut. Oh that was a real treat. A guy washed my hair with delightful products and gave me a thirty second head massage. Then James my favourite hair dresser at Toni & Guy cut my hair. They are deer there, but in the long run, they aren’t as when I go there, I only need my hair cut every three months. As my hair is long. Oh you know girls, when you go to the hair dressers how good you feel right?

 

The day was sunny but with a gentle breeze. I loved it. Just getting out and we didn’t get lost.

Got home, I made a really nice tea. Our Saturday tea as I call it. It’s normally salad stuff. Today no exception but with minted potatoes cooked in the oven with their skins on. But not baked large ones, they were baby potatoes. We had some delicious fresh green beans too and baby sweetcorn, then some  sweet potato and cumin parcels. It was lovely.

 

Then we got prepared to go to our neighbour’s street party. Our street is really friendly.

 

I sat with my friends Di, Barbara and Chloe.

 

I don’t know how many people were there but I would say at least forty? No, hang on, I’m seeing double. Hahahahehhehee

 

It was   a lovely night. Now I’m off to bed so will wish you a very goodnight’s sleep. It’s Father’s day in the UK tomorrow, so Happy Father’s day to all you great Dads. X

 

No comments: