translate

Tuesday 24 June 2014

THAT DOOR TO OUR CRUISE


Dearest Bloggets. How are you all today? Yesterday was a busy day for me and today the opposite until this afternoon, then it gets hectic.  I have all our clothes sorted for our holiday. We are going on a cruise to Norway. Just a week. It will be rather stressful the whole organising as have to sort out our dogs and before them, the clothes that I am almost through. Hubs clothes and mine. Trying to work out what matches and pray nothing has a stain on it this is the problem when you can’t see, you don’t know that things are stained. Oh well, I will pack some broaches and if someone tells me I have a stain on my top, the broach will go on. OK, it may be on my stomach? Haha. I must say it all sounds a little posh for me this. I love the best hotels; I love quality, but pretentious people? Em not sure. My friend goes on lots of cruises and she says she thought the same when she first went, but she was pleasantly surprised. She loves them; it’s the black tie dinners. Oh God, Hub won’t buy a dinner suit for the two nights we are having the dinners, so only will take his black wedding suit, now for a tie? Well, I don’t know what colour is light and what is dark. I may have to ask my friend about that, but I feel so stupid having to ask such silly things. I feel I should know and I feel like I let my Hub down by not knowing. He keeps telling me that the washing basket is full, I am so afraid to sort it out as I really don’t know what is what in there. I took the things out that I recognised, but the rest of the things have been in there gathering for a couple of weeks now.

 

I bloody hate being blind, I really do and it’s really starting to hurt big time now. I pray my Son will never have this curse and I hope his baby in the future won’t be born blind too. Those Bloggets who don’t know, my eye condition is hereditary. There was a fifty fifty per cent chance that he could have been born with my eye condition. He won’t go to see about his eyes and when he was little, I didn’t have the support around me to cope with the news if he had. Also in those days, there was nothing on the horizon. My Doctor at the hospital only about twelve years ago, said that I would never see in my life time there would be no cure and perhaps towards the end of my Sons life there would be, but even that is not for sure and now we have stem cell, there is hope.

 

So if my Son does have my eye disease, then he may suffer for some years, five, ten, who knows, and then with knowledge, commitment and funds, there will be help. You know, we are so close to helping people with my sight  in the UK, the US are working, Sweden and other countries, why on earth do we all not get together and put our heads all in one room say what we have discovered and get on with it? Why is there a competition? I mean, if we all got our knowledge together, we would be helped quicker?

 

My left eye is still bothering me. It now feels heavy. I feel like I have a squint but teen says no. I still after almost a month haven’t heard from the hospital for an appointment. When that day comes, I am dreading it. I hate eye hospitals. We are treat like farm animals, the consultants get some kind of exciting thrill when they hear they are looking at someone with RP. Then they just tell you depressing news, so really not wanting to go and on my own? Hub can’t take time off work until November.

 

Hub is going through a bit of a hard time of late about how people are seeing us as blind people. Life it’s tough and I can’t wait for the day to come when I can see and I can do things for us and we can go places without feeling a burden to people. 

 

I think my Son is spending the summer in the south of the UK. Let’s hope he enjoys himself? I don’t think he is going to his Dads this weekend. I feel sorry for his Dad. It’s a shame that he is looking forward to seeing him and it won’t happen. I may be wrong, if he doesn’t go, I won’t need to worry about him drinking too much alcohol I guess. Or if he does drink with friends at home, at least I will know he is OK. I guess it is what young people do. Times are no different and if his friends and others are drinkers, what choice does he have and after all, I won’t be around to see him die young of liver disease……

 

We always want the best for our kid’s health, but if they get to say 55, then die young, well, I won’t be here. I will be in my eighties, so if I am here, it will be a miracle. Well, the size of me, I will have burst by then. Right now I wish I could walk through a door and into another world. This is what it would be like

 

The sun is shining a golden shade. My hands will go to my eyes, just to check they are there and they don’t belong to another, as they will see. Orange flowers will form either side of a pathway to fields of lavender.  Red leaved trees will blow in the gentle breeze. Silence will be all around me, and then a sweet bird will sing. It will be my Canary, free, out of his cage. Perched on a branch, looking at me whilst he serenades me. Small rabbits will hop along, without a care. My Dog Kara, my first dog from when I was married to my x Husband will be there, she will remember me as will Pippa, my dog when I was a teen at home that was cruelly removed from me after a trip to Russia. Then around the corner, will be my Darling parents. They will look so much younger and my Dad will walk towards me without pain my Mam will be out of her wheelchair and almost run to greet me. My Nana will be there, in her apron, after baking and next to her will my my dearest Mother in law, who I only knew for a couple of years before she left this world I live in now. Then my friends from Russia who have passed to another world.

 

But I won’t be in heaven, as my Son will be there as tall as ever and handsome. Smiling and looking better than I have seen him in over a year. My Husband will be there holding out his arms, He will know it’s me, though I have not spoken, as in so much shock. He will know because he will have sight for the first time in his life.

 Beautiful people will be there and showing such kindness. I will be filled with trust. I for once in my life, will totally relax, knowing that this was a new world that happened, well, because it can, because this world we live in is because?

 

It will be without question forever and peaceful. No crime or cruelty. No aggression, a dreadful motion and action that I have had enough of in my life.

 

No technology to interfere with our minds or receive bad news from another world.

 

Streams will flow and fish will be there because they can, to look stunning and not the be eaten. No animals will be slaughtered. No pollution. No evil. We are there because we all want to be. Or we have been put there because we needed guiding there.

 

My life would be free. I would ride my Pegasus through ripples of look warm oceans and go for walks picking peaches from the trees.

 

My dearest friends will join us with their families, but they will leave behind those who have hurt them and only bring those who are good or can change. And change in transition.

 

Wow, where is that door? Where are those castles of safety and polished marble palaces of pink delight?

 

In the meanwhile, I will stay where I am and just hope.

X

No comments: