translate

Saturday 21 June 2014

TEEN TALK TO THE THORNS


 Hi Bloggets, did you know that today is the world’s first giraffe day?

 Why? I hear you screaming! Well, because it is the longest day. It is to raise awareness of the fact that their numbers in the wild are dwindling. So go on, get yourself a Gerry!

 

Today started with the postman knocking on our door. I didn’t even hear it as Hub woke me asking where the keys were. I was in a state of sleep I’m not used to. I must have slept so well because of what I am going to tell you in a mo. jo.

 

When Hub came back upstairs, he told me I forgot to close all the doors down stairs and the dogs were on the couch.

 

I told him I had locked them and closed all interior. He said no, the front door was locked, but all inside doors were open.

 

I turned on my phone as wanted a long sleep, though it was before nine when I did this, but I was awake now. There was a text from my Son at four this morning….

“Hi Mum. I know this is random, but I’m at … …. House and I are safe and sleeping over…

 

So his friend’s house. My God? What? Anyway, came back at half twelve this afternoon, spoke on the phone to what I thought was a man, turned out to be his friend who is a girl. She sounds like a man now days. Then he went fishing and tonight he is out having fun what kids of his age should be doing, though I think tonight may be a little wild, as he said he won’t be back till six in the morning…

 

He had a great night out the other day with his friends; it’s nice to see he is having fun at last in his life.

 

I just hope tomorrow he will study? As really close to his final days and he has loads to catch up with. I don’t know if he will be doing next year, but if he wants to, he has so much work to do in such little time.

 

If he doesn’t want to he will chill for a few months then look for work. I’m not really bothered what he does, as long as he is happy. I wish for this so much. We are a long way off that too.

 

My friend came around with her puppy and her daughter in her lovely dress for the Prom. Gosh it doesn’t seem like a year since teen was going with lovely Emily. His very good friend from school. Sadly she liked him more than a friend so he had to tell her he couldn’t see her again, because of you know who. She was a lovely girl too. But no one knows their future and he may end up friends with her again.

 

Hub and I spent most of the day in the garden. Oh my, we are cut to bits with thorns. I bought some gardening gloves, but you need to see with them. I couldn’t feel a thing with them on, so they came off and my fingers ended up rather sore.

It’s a nightmare to garden when you can’t see.

 

Now going to make tea. We are having leek pie. Teen loves it.

 

Its loads of mash potato. Lots of butter and you cook your leeks in butter, then add salt, then put it in the bottom of your casserole dish. Then add two cans of baked beans in tomato sauce. Then cheese slices and mash on the top. Cook in oven for half an hour then for the last twenty minutes, add loads of cheese and put back in the oven. I have told loads of friends about this and they make it and love it. I know it doesn’t sound too good, but kids love it.

 

OK, for now I will go but tomorrow a serious blog. May come back in our room later for a chat. X

No comments: