translate

Sunday 18 December 2016

SUNDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The sun is shining, all is well. A homemade quiche in the oven for tea and a happy household with pets who wag. What more could I ask for? Teen just showed me a gift from someone it’s the biggest bottle of gin I have ever seen. He has also presented me with a beautiful present. This is two in a week now so close to Christmas. I told him to keep it for the 25th, but he wanted to give me it now. It’s beautiful silver tray with a salt pepper and sugar dish with a little spoon in it. The silver has red and blue on it. So, cute so now it’s in my china cabinet next to Hubs silver bar wear and some real silver antique items we purchased second hand. Like candle sticks and a stunning ornate hand held mirror.

I love the smell of the house today. Oranges and cinnamon from the tree and baking in the oven. It’s lovely mixed in with the wood from our new doors. It smells like a country cottage. A girl can dream, right?

I love the idea of a cottage at Christmas. With a wood burner and a aga. Stone floors and really thick walls with scattered lamps giving an orange glow!

A small real tree the kind that have fragrance small because the cottage isn’t huge, at the left of the log fire with candle lights, artificial of course. Dishes of oranges and colourful wrapped treats in wooden dishes carved by Uncle Bob. Smile, we have dishes carved by Hubs Uncle Bob we treasure. We also have some memories in the kitchen from Hubs Nanna, again, are well loved. In my cabinet, I have a part of my loved Mother in law, God love her, there are articles from my Mum and of course I have my photograph of my Dad that I was talking about the other day.

Christmas past. And what for the future? Who knows where we will be next year at this time? What will have happened in that year? So many I have spoken to received messages and calls from have had a bad year in 2016, well a new start is not too far. And for those of you who have had a good year, keep this year in your heart forever, passing on the good vibes. I believe in people energy. In my past I, have spoken about before, I have had whole churches pray for me from all over the world, or a prayer card has been placed in churches. There are a lot of good people out there, and you never know, you may have met them already just haven’t realised. Or they may be waiting for you, to change your life if that is what you want.

Are you sorted for Christmas? If you are not, what will happen, will the world end? Will you lose your job? Your spouse will divorce you? Smile, they will if you have bought your wife an ironing board… One thing that you can give this holiday is something that fits all comes in one size and can be exchanged at any time. It’s free too. You don’t need to wrap it up in fact if you give it like it is, it will be more appreciated rather than behind fake wrapping. What is it?
A hug. A genuine hug. Of course, careful who you are giving this to, may be a bit odd a gift for your boss, having said that, a few Christmas parties at the office I’m sure that has happened.

I can’t believe my Hub has told me he wants a Christmas jumper for next year. Noo’oo’oo what has happened? My sensible serious beloved? Well, what he wants he gets. Sales here I come. Hahahaha. Some words before I go from the Doctor himself.
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ‘till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps means a little bit more?
~ Dr. Seuss ~

In this Christmas quote the Grinch figured out that Christmas has more meaning than some people think.

I’m going to get ready soon for our Christmas carol service. With love until later. X

No comments: