translate

Monday 19 December 2016

SANTA DIARIES BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Make people forget the past with the present. When you are choosing your gifts, do you buy because they are in the sales? Or because you like the item? Me personally I really try to buy gifts that I think the person they or it, was intended for would use it. Yes use, I’m the most boring gift buyer ever. Hub is amazing, he has such an imagination when it comes to gifts. I have a wild imagination when it comes to writing but so dull for gifts. I have been known to buy socks for men and soaps for ladies. I know we have a shop near us that sells really lovely soaps every shape you could desire, but no, I buy square soaps… Okay, they are in a box not just a regular bar you would pick up at the supermarket, but still. Square soap? I mean, what does the person say when they open their soap? “Oh great, I was running out of soap in the downstairs toilet.”” “Oh, socks. Just what I need. Mine are all odd!”” And we are expected to smile and feel what? Some kind of pride that we have done a good deed?

I have bought someone something this year that A, I hardly know, B, they have no interests at all, C, I cannot work them out what kind of person they are. And D, I couldn’t buy it from my heart, I just didn’t feel it. I don’t know what colours they like, they have no hobbies at all and I get the feeling no matter what I buy, they will not be impressed.

So, should I leave it up to Santa ClausMini Bloggets?
Some say before Santa became Santa, he was St Nicholas of Myra, a 4th century Greek Bishop in Turkey. (I wonder if that is why some eat turkey at Christmas?) If this is right, Santa is over 17 hundred years old. No wonder he has such a long white Beard? Does Santa receive gifts at Christmas? If so, one, who buys him them? And Two, why does no one buy him a razor?

How has Santa lived for so long? Well, he is magical for one, and his lifestyle for two. Firstly, he only eats the best food and lots of carrots that Rudolf no longer wants and secondly, he laughs a lot. Ho Ho Ho, and it’s scientifically proven that if you laugh, you live longer.

Well my Bloggets are from all over the world so to you all from France, Joyeux. To my Greek Bloggets, Kala christouyenna. German, Froehliche weihnachten. Italian, Buon natale. Norwegian God Jul Latin. Spanish Feliz Navidad
Gosh I’m going to stop there, I hope I have not wished your Mothers a new face to replace theirs of a donkey?

Remember UK today is the last day to post your cards to get there in time for Christmas. On that note, I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas filled with love peace and hope. Thank you all so much for reading my blogs. I received a message from as far as I know it my oldest Blogget of 92 the other day and I know school children read these blogs, so thank you and please keep reading as long as you do I will write. With love to your hearts. X

No comments: