translate

Monday 26 December 2016

DIARY OF THE BEST GIFTS OF ALL BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Christmas is over for another year. I have tried to write some blogs, firstly, my lap top wouldn’t talk to me. I had to wait until Teen came in to press one blooming button to make it work, in the meanwhile, I used my old lap top that screen doesn’t work. Doesn’t bother me, but I did something that made four pages of writing disappear. So, at last I’m here if you are reading this, then it’s worked.

Right now, it’s nine in the evening. Teen and Shamrock have just come in from bowling with her brothers. Teen didn’t cover himself in glory, smile. He came last out of six of them. But he had a good night.

Yesterday we had a lovely day, our Christmas dinner was truly delicious and our kitchen is full of food. The fragrances are really lovely, there is nothing nicer then the smell of Christmas dinner and Christmas pudding.

Fourteen different foods on our plates. All served and piping hot. Not a bad result considering we can’t see. Teen loved his as did we. We pulled crackers put on the silly hats, read the ridiculous jokes you get in the crackers and guessed what the pointless bits of plastic were that also came inside the cracker.

I was totally spoiled. I got the most exquisite hand bag. It’s a Michael Kors one. Black with a long gold shoulder chain or a solid handle for carrying. It’s so posh, goodness knows when I will use it? I got my Ted Baker hand bag a few weeks before that was for Christmas and I didn’t expect a second one.

I received vouchers for my favourite shop from my friends and a beautiful Pegasus ornament for my collection. An Elephant candelabra from my Son with two elephants at either side of trees and their drinking bowls. And a stunning Ted Baker make up set from my Brother and Sister. A gorgeous bronze angel from my friend Artie, I love it. And a really lovely warm jumper from my kind neighbour. Our dogs were totally thrilled with their gifts too. They got lots of great toys, a couple from us and one from my friend and they got loads of treats too. Waggatail got a cuddly toy but she isn’t allowed to play with it in front of her little brother LF, because you know his history with eating soft items.

In the afternoon, yesterday we laughed at the program on our TV and ate our way through Christmas.

We didn’t go to bed until three this morning. Teen went out at ten last night, to Shamrocks house. He had a great night, all the family played games and again, ate.

We watched a classic film. (It’s a wonderful life) It’s a film from 1947 and I have never watched it before. I think I am the only person alive in the UK and I bet in the US over the age of forty, who has never seen that movie?

Today is Boxing day. It would have been my Mum and Dads Wedding Anniversary. They would have been married 69 years today bless them. Just before Christmas it was my Mums birthday and soon it will be the anniversary of her death, it will be eighteen years. In some ways, it seems like another life/world, but they are both still so close to my heart. Christmas’s are never the same when you lose your parents.

We phoned Hubs Dad, bless his heart, he was on his own, that was partly his choice for reasons I won’t go into but at least we are seeing him in a few days. But one thing is that I was impressed with, he was cooking his dinner and he wasn’t just eating frozen food, he was making his very own feast, he is amazing what he cooks and how he bothers.

Christmas all over for another year. What will happen between now and next year at this time? Part of me dreads to think and the other part can’t wait to find out.

So many of us are not with those this year to last, for me personally, most of the people, well two out of three, of them we are not with is good. One other person, I do miss, but true colours were shown in the end. So, life can never go back. As for all the famous people that have died this year? Gosh, it has been the worst year I have ever known for that. I hope next Christmas those of us in the dark, there will be a small light helping us to walk forward into a new future.

Christmas came so fast this year. In a few days, our tree will be down lights and all decks away. Our house will look bare for a short while until we get used to it again. I think we had four cards this year that we didn’t get read. But teen read the others apart from one our besties sent us a card with Braille.

It’s calmer outside, we have had dreadful storms of winds that have been quite dangerous, but I have seen worse.

The what is normally a busy road outside, is so quiet.

Hub off work for another couple of weeks. A long holiday. Teen is working hard bless him and LF is on his way to recovery. Looking stronger by the day, he was the best gift last year, as we never expected to get a guide dog for Hub so quick after the death of Long Chops in September, and the best gift for Christmas this year, with the vet saving his life. Material things are nothing health and love is the best gifts of all.

No comments: