translate

Tuesday 27 December 2016

DIARY OF NEWS VIEWS AND TECH BY FIONA CUMMINGS

My big Brother has given me a gift that has come slightly after Christmas, he gave the same to my Sister in Law. We are sharing a present passed on through the family. I really don’t want it, what can I say? I don’t want to appear ungrateful, but I must be honest.

Today I woke up with a sore throat sneezing and watery eyes. Thanks, big Bro!!! Let’s hope I won’t be as generous and share it?

Today heard a good tip. If you are afraid of lifts/elevators, it’s solvable by taking little steps. Smile. I know, dreadful joke alert and I didn’t even alert you.

Poor Teen up at silly hour again to go to work. I do feel for him, he has had one day off in two weeks. Our dogs are very happy, they have just come in from an hour playing on the field with lots of other dogs. They have had a drink and are now flat out in their beds fast asleep. I’m chilling. Our house smells so homely cooking again this morning a broth for family tomorrow.

It’s so cold out there, Teen had to use antifreeze on his car today. I wondered if it would work for me, as I got up, the house wasn’t as warm as I would like.

Another two celebrities died today I have totally lost count at just how many this year have gone. Still in shock over George Michael. That man had so much talent and so much to live for if he hadn’t have chosen that way of life. Why is it that pop stars and so on have to go down the road of drink, and drugs? I know ordinary people do the same but ordinary people don’t have the money and possible lifestyle that you could have if you were so rich. Gosh, if I were so rich? Wow, my money spare would go on research for RP and helping other people who were blind and of course my elephants. Providing safe environments for them, away from evil hunters who are spineless so weak and pathetic. Probably bullied at school as kids and this is their way of thinking they look big. You look big if you stand up for yourself with your equal, not a defenceless animal.

So, what has caught my eye today in the news, or my ear? Smile.
Amazon, we couldn’t do without them at Christmas, in fact, all year round. They have made their biggest profit this Christmas. Now they just need to teach their delivery people to ring a door bell and count to forty.
North Korean tyrant Kim Jong-Un has warned that Korea will have Nuclear weapons ambitions by 2017. Nice.
Seven migrants have been arrested in Germany after setting fire to a homeless man. I hope they get sent back to their countries and not allowed to stay in Germany.

I read a great story today Two Brothers is a brand where all profits go to the foundation fighting blindness and Stargate’s eye condition. Two blind brothers pick their clothing for the pure feel of the material. They have been blind since they were children and know how important it is to feel beautiful clothing and they do it for the love of clothes, not to make any money for themselves. What an amazing idea, as Hub and I pick clothes on how they feel rather than what they look like.
Nothing else inspiring Bloggets in today’s news.

On that note, I shall love you and leave you. Jack Frost is making his rounds in the UK today, it’s bitter cold. I’m off for a hot chocolate and snuggle on the couch with the big man himself, no not Santa, he is well on his way back home now, but Hub. Some good drama’s we have recorded, recorded? Is that what you call it now days? Hub presses buttons and somehow, we are able to watch them on the TV at a later date, haha. Gone the simple days of video’s. Those were the days? Tech blows my mind these days. My Husband has an Amazon Echo dot. He ordered some bin bags the other day, oh yes exciting times, within ten seconds he asked the small round gadget to order these bags, just by using his voice and next thing we know we are getting told in a lady’s voice, that our order would be with us the next day. The only thing is you have to say her name first and I keep forgetting it. She is called Alexia, sorry if I have spelled her name wrongly, but seriously you are lucky I have remembered the daft name. Why is she called that? Surely, they could have picked a name that everyone will remember like Jane? It’s so futuristic that even trendy Teen is shocked by it and what it can do.

You can ask it what the weather is going to be like and what time is it? Also, to set an alarm and to turn on our heating as we have HIVE heating that you can turn on from your mobile phone which is great if you can’t see because of course good old Apple phones have speech but to ask your Amazon Dot to turn on the heating and to order things from Amazon, without having to press a button or enter a security Coad is really impressive. What is our world coming to?

Later gators with love. X

No comments: