translate

Thursday 15 December 2016

DIARY OF OUR LITTLE FELLA BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Our house was so dark last night and of late it has been filled with lights, love and laughter. But last night, no, nothing but feelings of anticipation. Hub came home without our Little Fella, Waggs didn’t even get out from her bed, this is so unusual as normally she eats her Daddy up on arrival. In fact, she normally hears him coming down the drive and waits, wagging with a toy in her mouth ready to play with or boy. She knew our boy wasn’t coming home.
All I knew by that point was that he was taken to the drip well. He hadn’t had his ultrasound by this point and it was six but that vet apparently works until ten at night.

I don’t know how Hub worked in the office all I did yesterday was cry. I have never had a dog at the vets. Not overnight. This is twice now in less than two weeks for LF.

But this time was more serious. This poor dog has had everything going as a puppy, so this has made his immune system weak.

We lethargically opened our new post box we sent for. Because our door gets fitted today and it isn’t going to have a letter box. Also, we are fed up of finding small parcels somewhere in our front garden that the lazy delivery person hasn’t bothered to see if I’m in. as you can imagine, if you can’t see, it’s a bit of a challenge to try to find what you can’t see. They put a card through our box, then run… Am I that scary?

I know they are under a load of pressure as have so many to do in a day, but surely there are more complaints even if you can see your card, then find your parcel, what if it could be stolen? Luckily, we live in a good area but for those who don’t? Also, I don’t like the idea that the items I order do get left outside for a passing person to pick up.

Anyway, this box is a box. To me it looks like a cross between a bin and a filing cabinet. It has a key at the front, a flap at the top to put the parcels or letters in and as we opened it, there was a flat steel sheet loose with a whole in the middle. Why? Not sure. We cannot for the life of us find out where it goes.

Normally nothing beats Hub and myself. We have been known to spend hours and hours on a project and feel so good afterwards knowing that we have done it, despite all odds.

Of course, there are instructions, but they are in print. Out came the IPhone and we opened the app KLF reader. I hope I have that correct name, last time I asked my phone to open KLM….

Sadly, the instructions were too much of a challenge for the software or whatever it is you know I’m not good with tech.

The box could be just carried off it’s not as heavy as I hoped. You can pay more and have it fitted into the ground, but firstly it’s an extra £50 for the bit and then who will do that? So, more money again after we find someone over Christmas who can do such a job.

Well it’s in the garage now, but will go live tonight. Our door is to be fitted in a few hours. We will I hope feel warmer now as this door is so badly fitted. No fault of the person before us, but I am sure the blooming house has moved as we are experiencing so many drafts from the front window too that wasn’t there when we first moved here.

Gosh I’m rambling. I really am feeling so anxious. My eyes are killing very little sleep interrupted firstly by Teen coming at stupid hour and he really doesn’t know how to close doors quietly. Then he started to play a video in his room poor Hub has had no sleep in 48 hours apart from a few he had last night. Then Waggatail started to cry. I waited, knowing she was missing LF. Thinking she would calm down. Her crying got worse. So up I got and went to her.

She was laying in LF’s bed. She looked so tiny in there as the bed swallowed her up, she was like a tiny sausage in a huge Yorkshire pudding! I stroked her, felt her ever so soft head ears and then her tiny paws. Spoke to her in a gentle way, she was totally alert. Normally nothing wakes her up during the night.

I came back to bed knowing that she didn’t need to go out and it was just a case of her missing her baby bro. She has been unbearable since he has been away.

Today? She is so much better. Please God let this be a sign? A sign she knows he is going to be OK. I called Hub an hour ago, thinking he would have some news. All I got back was he will phone me soon. Soon? That was an hour ago, I have subsequently emailed him he said he will call in five minutes but it’s not the best of news. I’m really fearing this. I just want to think because Waggs is brighter he will be OK. But right now, it’s looking bad.

Later. X

No comments: