translate

Wednesday 14 December 2016

DIARY OF DON'T FORGET BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It must be getting dark; the house is getting cool so I must turn our heating up. My Son has been at the gym for more than two hours. I haven’t got that buzzing feeling knowing that my Little Fella isn’t coming home with Hub tonight. My poor Waggatail is really not herself. The last time I saw her like this was when she was grieving over our last two dogs. The house is like a morgue. I should put at least some gentle music on. Gosh, how times can change? From Saturday night, a night out Christmas music filled our house and laughter was had by all four of us to now.

Thank you all so much for your beautiful messages about LF. Hub has been good at communicating with me and said LF is responding to the drip. So, I didn’t even know there was a chance he wouldn’t? Please God let him be alright? I have cried buckets today. I feel for Hub as he is in the middle of his office. He told me it was awful taking him to the same vet as he took LC last year to get the dreadful news about her.

Even the air outside today has that kind of silent an yet as if waiting atmosphere.

Waiting for what? Something dark. I need this cloud lifted soon.

My dogs are like my family. I love them so much and to think that one of them is ill, and on their own without people they know, just hurts. I don’t want my blogs to be depressing so I shall lay low for a while, but perhaps write something other than my mind right now. Or if I write a part of my mind, it will be a part that somehow can be detached from reality.

Gosh there are sirens going crazy in the near road on our right. I know I’m paranoid, but when Teen is out I always wonder. People say I have too much time on my hands. No. I just love too much. Care too much too.

Today our post box arrived. It’s big but will need putting into the ground somehow as it’s not heavy enough not to be lifted.

This time tomorrow, my new front door will be on and no more draft. This time tomorrow, I hope we will have good news about our little darling.

My heart goes out to my lovely friend from Canada too. C, you know who you are. And you know why I’m sending love.

Another Blogget of mine told me a story that may put a smile on your chops, she hung her cards up all in a line, all stapled onto a pretty line of ribbon. As she sat in her dining room eating breakfast, she proudly glanced over at her display. Now she also has my eye disease but she can see.
One of the cards had written on. “20% off.””
I reminded her that I I am known to send cards without writing, because the pen has no ink.

Parcels are building up now and they are without labels. I have about twenty. I must label them even if it’s just in Braille, well hub will do that. I do the cutting out he writes.
And reads.
My memory is tested each Christmas who’s is the large square box, who’s is the large soft parcel and who’s is the tiny bag and so on.

Just a shout out to guide dog owners in the UK. Please order your dog food today for it to get to you before Christmas because I think today is the last day to order.

Love to you all

No comments: