translate

Thursday 1 December 2016

DIARY OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE AND YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Hope you are all well? It’s just after ten at night and it’s getting rather cold. Today had been sunny and again quite a crisp day. No wind at all thank goodness after our giant nut cracker blowing over last night. I still am chuckling with what happened to us with the inflatables.

Well my downstairs is looking rather festive now. I spent the whole day putting my Christmas tree together. Last night Hub and I put the tree up and lights on but today whilst he worked from home, I put the decorations on. Gosh it was a challenge. I thought this year I would make it simple, only having blue and white. But it took so much time and remembering which baubles were blue and which ones were white. Also, this year is a new tree and it’s mahoossive! I have three hundred lights for it they were a good find which took some searching for as I wanted lights that were static and not ones where we wouldn’t know if they were on, off, flashing or chasing.

We have a lovely ice blue sparkly star on the top, then some ice blue tiny baubles. Then some white tinsel gosh I used my IPhone to tell me what colour tinsel I was using as I have ice blue and white, Tap Tap See is a great app for the phone you take a picture of whatever and eventually it will tell you what it is. One of the descriptions rather than tinsel, it read something like (White Angel Hair) isn’t that a lovely description? Have you heard it called that before? I love that version.

After the white tinsel, I have white toys, not many a couple of reindeers and a porcelain white pixie. Then some ice blue tinsel, then blue beautiful baubles then large different white baubles and then blue and white baubles and more blue tinsel and at the bottom, the largest white baubles. I finished it off with a long string of ice blue beads going up and down. There are a couple of different baubles. One is white with blue and a pink angel and another is a sea blue green bauble, only because it was written on line, light blue bauble, then when the order came through to my email, it said it was turquoise. And near the top, just under the star, I have a glass bauble which has a cut out and inside the bauble is a glass angel and it independently lights up with batteries. I also randomly have ice blue string scattered.

The tree is seven feet tall and is so wide and it has 3D snow on some branches. Teen said it’s the best tree we have ever had. Our joiner came today and said it was beautiful. I was so relieved, as we just don’t know. One pack of baubles I have to thread. I knew they had no thread as it did say so, again on line. I ordered some ribbon, but not the silky kind or that would fray, I think it’s’ called East of India and it’s kind of a solid very thin material. It’s baby blue with I think white dots on. Gosh it took ages to thread those, and I made them long enough to tie tiny bows on the top.

Around our TV unit I have a string of lights. They are red berry’s like holly. And Hub braved the loft. Thankfully there were no wasp nests, not that he heard or felt any. I was so scared for him, I don’t know where all of those wasps came from. We were sure the loft. And if so, the queen would be still up there in her nest and after learning that they hung like balls, I was safely down stairs. I didn’t like Hub up there though, if he puts his foot in the wrong place? It’s not all solid flooring up there.

From the loft came my Christmas candles. I bought one of them years ago, and won’t ever light it as it’s too beautiful. It’s really like a dull gold almost as if it’s gold leaf. And it has other leaves of burgundy to form the pattern. I have a couple of mini reefs with pine cones and ferns as well as berry’s and I have another candle which is pale pink so I sit the candles in the centre of the reefs and right in the middle of them both on my windowsill, I have a glass dish with a Poinsettia in, but it’s not a real plant, it’s made from wax, as it’s another candle. With three wicks. Again, I haven’t lit it, I may this year. I just don’t like spoiling them.

Also from a box in our loft, I have a really lovely garland which lights up. There are gold baubles on it, really thick ferns and holly. Some bows and snow. So that is across my mantle peace. The house feels so cosy.

Well not long to go now before we get together with our friend from London. We are going to a shopping centre. It will be packed. I’m going for my Christmas present from Hub. He spoils me and gets me a Radley hand bag each year. Last year, I couldn’t decide between two bags, so I asked Hub to pick one I obviously didn’t need to turn away whilst he put one back, smile, but on Christmas day, he gave me both of them. Naughty of him, but so kind, as they are not cheap.

This year I will pick one and make sure I won’t show interest in others. I need a more practical bag this year. Black. Very grown up of me…

We may even have time to pop into my favourite coffee bar and have one of their delicious sandwiches. It depends how packed it is going to be. Then in the evening, I think we may go to the cinema. See what’s on?

Well have a lovely weekend, I’m about to publish stats for November and then all time, so if you are interested in how your country is doing, remember it only shows the top ten countries, here goes.
In the month of November, we had 6,641 viewers in total. And those countries were
UK 3,135
US 2,276
Germany 178
Canada 143
Australia 138
South Africa 49
France 45
Portugal 41
Netherlands 40
Italy 25
As for all time? Now there has been a change here.
UK 69,314
US 45,475
Russia 8,195
Ukraine 7,163
Germany 4,404
Canada 1,762
Australia 1,281
France 1,240
South Africa 839
Portugal 716
And thank you to all the other countries who have visited. There are a few countries in this month’s stats report that were not in the top ten a couple of months ago, so one day we may see your country. Not too many to go before we reach the big 1, 6, zero.
One hundred and sixty thousand views? I never imagined. Thank you for reading coming back as well to look into my crazy life of sometimes nothingness, and other times manic Mondays. Smile. Be sure to drop me a line via my email and let me know what you would like me to write about. X
visionsforfuture@googlemail.com

No comments: