translate

Saturday 24 December 2016

DIARY OF CHRISTMAS EVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Our house smells stunning. I’m shattered. It’s six in the evening and we are just finished for round one. Round two will begin when the turkey is cooked. Talking of turkey, oh I’m all sorted. Pat on the back. Remembering what we need and trying our best to get what we need. Last minute shop delivered and luckily, we just remembered at the last moment to put in the basket something I forgot, foil for the turkey, well you can tell I’m a vegetarian, as not only did I forget that, but forgot the blooming important fact that we threw away the turkey tray from last year.

Panicking as no more shopping to be delivered. Our local shop wouldn’t sell it so thankfully the big shop was near but as was our friend, he was also last minute shopping so a phone call and a meeting in the bakers as we exchanged greetings and the turkey tray. I kind of looked politely and thought, heck, we bought a blooming humungous turkey no way that will fit in there?

Long and short of it Hub said he would order from good old Amazon. But he ordered two trays just to make sure of the size. They came today, he ordered large, but they are so small.

But we managed. I have pealed chopped washed and sliced all day whilst Hub put his final touch to the special foods.

Teen went to meet one of his best friends and whilst Christmas music played, we filled our house with Christmas joy and ready for our feast tomorrow.

In London, the gift of a Christmas tree has been kindly given to us from Norway since 1942 as a thanks to Britain for our support for world war 2. Again London, Petticoat lane market is the oldest market. It’s been going since the 1750s. I guess the atmosphere in our capital around this time of year will be magical. But our small family we believe is more so we are safe, warm loved and what more can we wish for? I lit our candle for lost souls and we wrapped our dog toys up and their treats. Waggatail knows there is something, or someone coming and I have told LF not to bark when the big man comes, or he may frighten him away, then there will be no presents for anyone…

I hope Santa’s sleigh will be Okay as we have storms across the UK.
I wish you a wonderful Christmas Eve and a beautiful day tomorrow. For my Bloggets who will be in the house on their own, you are really not alone. I have received so many emails and messages from people just like you. Love from me to you. X

No comments: