translate

Monday 5 December 2016

DIARY OF THE WINTERS TALE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. I have been awake since four twenty this morning. I didn’t get to sleep until about threeish?

Now it’s nineish, and my eyes are closing. This is my natural bed time. Seriously, I could sleep now and I have a full day in front of me.

It’s bitter cold out there. Slippy too. There was ice on our nut cracker. I need to go upstairs and get my IPhone to turn on my heating. They say that very soon, everything in our house will be controlled by our phone. And what if your network is down? It does bother me that. I wish they would work on getting rid of wires? It’s about time that when you bought something that requires a plug, you plugged a device into your sockets and by Bluetooth or whatever, the plug picked up a signal to eliminate wires.

Gosh the poem I wrote last night which if I posted to all of the groups I follow on line has gone crazy, so many comments and people sharing the poem. This is great, because the more shares it has, the less people who will feel alone. So, you missed the poem? I will publish it at the bottom of here.

My growing Teen, went out last night with Shamrock and they went for a meal. An Indian meal. Then afterwards he called into a burger place and had a double cheese burger. Say whaaat?

He was only out three hours… I cooked his dinner last night, as always, I was told last moment he wouldn’t be eating at home tonight… So, it’s in the fridge for his lunch. Potatoes veg and steak. He started at half six this morning and finishes at half four.

I don’t know what the heckers is going on in the near distance, but the emergency services have been going crazy for almost an hour. Sirens going by constantly. I bet its cars speeding in the ice? Dark mornings and ice are not good for drivers. It’s definatly winter out there. Here are some facts about this season.
Winter is one of the four seasons that begins on the winters solstice and ends on the Vernal Equinox.

In the UK, it’s the time of year when the earth’s axis is most tilted away from the sun.
The word winters comes from the Germanic winter which in turn is derived from the root wed, meaning wet or water, meaning a wet season.

In Anglo/Saxon times, years were counted by the winters so a cat could be two winters long. Some reindeer live above the arctic circle and live in complete darkness for the majority of the ear.

Every 12cm of snow will produce 1cm of water.
The largest snowman to be built was in the 90s and it was a huu’uu’uuge 1 over 113 foot tall.
Snow appears white because snow is a load of ice crystals arranged together. When light hits snow, it bounces all around the ice crystals ice crystals are actually translucent.

Insects prepare their bodies for winter by creating their very own antifreeze.
Hydrogen bonding, mean all snowflakes have six sides.
We know that Russia used their harsh winter to deal with the French invaders. The year before I went to Russia, the temperatures reached all time low of -96 degrees Fahrenheit making this the coldest country but that wasn’t Moscow, but Siberia.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
All this talk of winter is making me so cold. A cup of hot tea and whilst it’s brewing, I will get my phone for the heating. Then come into my lounge turned on the fire and get warm before my day starts in full. Until later, here is my poem.

FACING BLINDNESS
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
I don’t see the lights like you can
Or respond to shake a good wishers hand
The stars at night are no longer bright
Because I have lost my sight
I can’t see my babies face
Or the white lace
On my daughter’s dress
Her special day
Her beautiful cake
So, I’m told
A card with writing so bold
No good to me
Because I can’t see
But then I get one through my door
I pick it up from the floor
Someone has had the heart to write in Braille
Because they know my eyes have failed
Another person has sent a tactile one with a tree
Because they took the time to think I can’t see
I can’t go shopping like I used to
But here is what I can, do
I can cook
Don’t need to look
I learned how but it’s so difficult
Chopping food, I do cut
Ironing clothes I burn
But I will learn
Just how it’s done
From other blind folk
When I went, blind I thought I was going to choke
A vision of smoke
Followed by dark brown
Then grey and burgundy
Then I told myself words I never thought I would hear
I can no longer see
I lived years in fear
But now I have Christmas cheer
No I don’t have anyone to help me to shop
Some days I feel like falling
As if to drop
But then I pick myself up
As I can hear
Walk and love
And I know I will be guided by whoever is above
A God I blamed for so many years
For filling my painful life with yet more tears
But he showed me a life as a new wife
That I couldn’t have had with sight
This wouldn’t be my plight
So, I won’t give up the fight
My darkness isn’t only at night
But day too
I don’t see skies of blue
And sun of yellow
But I feel loved and wanted
Something I never had from most, when sighted
So if you are facing blindness
There are people out there who will show you kindness
Don’t feel alone
Pick up the phone
Out of every fifty calls
There will be one earth angel who will show you the way
And one day
You will be like me
Telling others what it’s like not to see
But sometimes there is no one more blind
Than sighted who are unkind
And those of us who can’t see
Respect what is meant to be
We have time and care
And want to share
And I believe
Though now you may grieve
Someone somewhere is out there
Who is feeling just like you
These words are so true
Trust me please
You may be on your knees now
But you will climb up there again
To the highest mountain
I will show you how

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: