translate

Saturday 17 December 2016

DIARY OF OUR DAY WITH A SMILE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Firstly, thank you so much for your lovely comments today, gosh, you really are so lovely and absolutely keep me going you know?

As the cuckoo clock is about to strike pumpkin hour, our house is starting to go to sleep. The outside lights are off but I sit with our Christmas tree lights on and the lights around the mantel piece, threaded around the foliage of our pine coned garland. I know my Son is on his way home and our dogs are safe in their beds.

Today our lady came to walk the dogs and poor LF sat wagging his tail not knowing why he wasn’t allowed to go. Waggatail wiggled her way down our drive as poor Little Fella sadly came back into the living room with me. I made a fuss of him, I couldn’t give him a treat because he is only allowed his special food and nothing hard as his throat still really hurts him he keeps coughing poor baby. Our dog walker was horrified to see what had happened to him. How much they have shaved him. She said he is red raw well that is his fault too because he is licking constantly his leg this was how it all started. He was to go for a scan about his leg. He has cream for it which Hub puts on twice a day. He was offered gloves as it’s steroid cream, but as he said to the lady, what good are they how would he feel the wound?

He made me smile as he said when he was putting the cream on. “I may end up with a very hairy finger.”” He cracks me up because he doesn’t laugh. He is so dry.

Poor LF even has a dreadful patch on his throat and it must be hurting him as he keeps trying to put his throat on my blooming wrist as I’m watching TV. And when he gets it positioned, he pushes really hard. Then there are his legs with three shaved marks on and finally his tiny skinny tummy, though he is putting on weight now thank goodness because of the food he is eating. He is working tomorrow just for five minutes Hub said he will come to the Christmas service with me as long as he isn’t handling a chrysies from work at the time. And if his phone buzzes during the carol service, he will have to come home. Leaving me and the Wagging one to get home that should be a hoot. Hahahaha. She can do it though, just we may detour. If I find myself trying to get into someone else’s door, I shall spare my blushes and start to sing carols….
May be not. I don’t want to be arrested. Especially at Christmas…

The service should be lovely tomorrow night. It’s by candle light.

I was meant to go to my brother and sister in laws today but obviously, we couldn’t because of Hub being on emergency calls, but in hindsight, it was a good job we didn’t because of poor LF.

Hub and I today have done more wrapping. We had some Great Christmas songs blasting from the speakers and just turned the radio on any station. The first one that sounded as if it was playing festive songs.

That was hilarious. It was a channel from Wales. I can say hand on heart, they kept playing ho hoh hoh’s from Santa and the big man had some words to say. I have never heard a Welsh speaking Santa before… Come on guys… Keep it real?

I remember when my Son was about four. We took him to a forest to see Santa. The setting was perfect. Then the man in red appeared. Well. He looked fine, until my little boy looked down and said at the top of his voice, just as the room went quiet, full of children stunned by what had appeared in front of them.
“Mummy.
Why is Santa wearing Adidas trainers?””
Well, of course, I told my Son.
“Darling, Santa’s feet get very sore with all the climbing of chimney and going down the fire breasts as well as miles and miles of walking he does, so he has to sometimes remove his boots.”
That night we came home and watched the film Pinocchio!

Hub and I wrapping is so funny. I have to be so careful not to put down the paper in case we got it mixed up and I put it plain white down and patterned up. Hub rolls out how much he wants for my gifts, I cut in a straight line tell you what Bloggers, it’s not blooming bad for someone who can’t see. Hahaha. Then he wraps my gifts
right next to me. You have to laugh… Then we wrapped Teens. Gosh they were all in boxes. I tell you it’s a good job we have a good memory. Then some other gifts. There are quite a few to go for our family and again remembering what they all are. Once wrapped putting them in different parts of the room to remember whose section belongs to whom? That starts off fine. Until you have wrapped quite a lot. Then your nicely spaced out parcels start to touch and before you know it, there are lines of gits. Heck. Now what? Then Hub asks me for the roll of paper. I say there you are. He says where? I say here. He says where? Hahahaha.

We do laugh. We have to. It’s very easy to get depressed about it all. But what choice do we have?

Oh, gosh I did a really embarrassing thing today. OK. Another one… I went on line for my home delivery groceries and went into my orders. I requested a refund for an item. It was only £1.50, but still. It hadn’t come so why pay for it? I used to phone if the rare occasion the item hadn’t turned up or mainly was damaged. But it costs a fortune to call they take so long. So on line is great.

Oh I was showing Hub how easy it is. He was so impressed with techno Fi.
And then after I pushed the refund done button.
I found the blooming item.
Heck. I hadn’t put it there. Hub said he hadn’t. Well who did? The Christmas elves?
So I guess I should phone tomorrow and try to rectify my shameful request.

Well our cupboards are bursting our house smells of cinnamon and oranges; my tree is so pretty this year. I can’t see it but I can sense it. One year, if the sugar plum fairy grants my wishes, I will see our tree. Please God if there is a cure or treatment for RP. Life would be so easy. Sighted people with stress this time of year have no idea what real stress is like. Buying gifts is a total nightmare. Thank goodness for Amazon but even that, you don’t get to look, to feel what you want. Even Christmas cards this year. I bought a box of them. I always write the cards still. Sometimes the pen hasn’t worked and people get blank cards, but they know now who they are from… I have joked and told those people just to use them again next year… I believe in recycling. Okay? Gosh, I really do. But I don’t recycle gifts, unlike the radio station we were listening to this afternoon. The lady presenter was saying to her co-worker, how she bought her aunt a gift last year and her sister received a gift the other day. Naughtily she opened it and it was the presenters gift she had given the aunt the year before. So the sister got it back a year after. Thing is, the man said to her, you should confront your aunty. The presenter replied. Now wait for this Bloggets. On the radio, she answered.
“Gosh, I can’t do that? I would die with shame if she new I knew!””
Em
Hellloooweee
You’re on the radio love. You are her Niece, I think she may sus you?

I did once give my Mother in law God bless her soul. A lovely gift in a bag that was recycled. I am shocking for recycling gift bags. It was the first year I had been reunited with Hub in 28 years… How to impress?
The label on the bag was from an Aunt oddly enough. Reading to me and my ex with love. Oh. Oops. She laughed as I went as red as Santa’s coat.

Hub and I have had a lovely day. We never expected this weekend with the past few days with LF, but thank goodness and a few special people, he is with us and seams so far, so good. Until tomorrow Bloggets, oh, and remind me tomorrow, must tell you something about our American Bloggets? Later gators though. Be safe smile and so long. X

No comments: