translate

Friday 9 December 2016

DIARY OF THE NUTCRACKER BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Today was the death of our funny nutcracker. All deflated and looking very sorry for himself. I’m not sure what has happened to the poor old guy, but bless him, he will still have that cheesy grin upon his face.

I’m going to try to get a refund for him but I doubt I will as have to box him up send him off. Well our post office is horrible to get to. And it will cost at least £5 to post it I would probably have to get a taxi and that would be ten pounds there and back so is it worth it? I on day of receiving him wrote a review and gave him one out of five because there isn’t a zero. Well since then I have looked to see if my review is on and it’s not, why? Closer look, it’s no longer for sale. I tried to write another review received a note from Amazon saying it’s not possible to write my review why? They didn’t say. Well thankfully it’s no longer available to buy so others won’t get conned. I’m going to call Amazon tonight and see what they say. If they look at my file or whatever I may have with them, they will see how much we spend with them and how many times I have not complained. I think once in four years.

So it would be amazing if I got a refund without the hassle. Sad though, as he was awful but funny.

Today I started off by meeting with my Guide Dog Instructor. She is such a lovely lady. We have to be tested every six months. Sometimes we are lucky and get away with a year. It’s just like any test really, I don’t know many people, in fact no one, who enjoys their aftercare visit, though I am sure there are plenty of folk out there who do enjoy showing off their skills with their dogs.

Well Waggs got her harness on her other collar and lead and off we went. Was she going to work today? Would she walk me into the huge bins as it’s our bin day? Would there be slippy leaves? My leg was not in a good place and I must remember to tell you a funny story about that in a mo jo.

Would Waggatail just not work? And what would the weather be like? Thank goodness it wasn’t icy.

My girl did me proud. I swear they know as she didn’t make one mistake. We turned the corners she stopped at kerbs. Just… She signified if I wanted my normal shops, I told her the normal, good girl, not today. Praising her as one day I may need those shops, crossing three tiny roads and walking along cycle tracks past the monkeys in the zoo and the horrible noisy grey road. Thankfully the shrubs are all cut back so nothing to inject me with a needle of nastiness from the branches. Then she made a sudden pull towards the main road. Oh my heart and, my knee which by this point was in absolute agony. She headed for the road and if I were to go one more step to the left, we both would be on the edge of the kerb and onto the road again and this would have been my third time and I don’t think I will be given a third chance? The kerb off that path is so steep. The cars do not slow down. But she did herself proud as well as me. She was avoiding something what? My shoulder swept by something to sighted people would be could be anything. I have learned to feel with my feet the ground I’m walking on and I know when I feel thick lines, we are near the shops and when I feel gravel I’m near a house I have to turn next left. Well my shoulders also see. So I knew by the feel of what I gently swept my shoulder on, it was a tall van. Parked right across the blooming kerb.

Thankfully Waggatail kept herself safe too not going onto the road but when you hear cars all around you and the speed of them? You are walking into engines that are not slowing down, you have two choices. One frees in fear. And two trust your dog. I today had to go with the second as I was being watched. She was great, even came in again, where we should have been if not for the van.

She avoided all the awful hanging things and low walls sticking out as well as the metal stairwells that can easily remove the top of your skull if you go too close, I can hear them as I’m approaching them. The air gets heavier. The cars are not as loud as they are being protected by the metal which is between them and me, which are the stairs. And if there is any wind that day, then we are sheltered as we pass the stairs, the breeze blows again as we go by them and I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing the danger is over.

We passed all the normal places she pops into and that included the vet that Hub goes to, I go to another. Sometimes there are some scary dogs barking and they launch themselves at the glass and I think, what if the get the door open? My poor little Wagga won’t be able to defend herself.

Down the little ramp and across the same road twice passing whatever in between and I give her the final instruction to find the box. She walks me to the post box and waits for praise.

Now I stand and wait for the verdict.
My GDI said she did really well. Few double few? I would hate to have my girl removed. I don’t worry about her weight as our dogs can be removed for being overweight. Especially if there are signs of the owner not trying to get the weight down. I have never had an overweight dog. Just lucky. And lucky enough to be able to have our dog walker to free run our dogs. If we notice our dogs are getting a bit beefy, we slightly cut down their food and play with them a bit more in the garden, replace their treats that they get rarely, with carrots.

Now time to do it all in reverse. Well she was great. I blooming loved her. It was a relief.

And when she gets home, she waits for her treats. So whilst my GDI went to her van to get stuff out, I gave her some dog biscuits and water, my dog that is, not the lady. She got a coffee.

She is the best GDI I have ever had. She is so experienced too. She told me things today that are so simple that I have never been told before from anyone from Guide Dogs.

I am sure to guide dog owners who are in with the know, but I didn’t know, there are three places on a dog collar, the kind we have where there are rings to put your Leeder on. I was just putting it on any? Well you have to put it on the middle one so when you correct the dog, they get the desired reaction.
There is also a fantastic cover that is meant for bike handle bars. It goes where you hold the harness. The GDI’s Husband invented that idea for Guide Dogs. It’s like foam. She said it would help when I gripped too tightly. As me holding the harness tight transports to Wagga and she gets anxious.

Reason why gripping? And my lady knew, by the way I walked. My knee is in so much pain when I walk and you know when you grit your teeth together if something hurts? Well un be known to me, I was squeezing onto the harness handle. So I can squeeze away and my dog won’t feel it now with the new cover on the handle. It’s used for those who have Arthritis in the hands. But she thought if I were to squeeze that, it wouldn’t transpire to Waggs.

Oh my dream early hours. I went to the Drs with my bad knee.
He began to drill my blooming knee. There was a big bag on the end of the drill and all my rubbish from my knee was going in there. Hehehehehe. I asked him in my dream if he could remove all my fat too? He didn’t laugh. I can see as someone partially sighted in my dreams. So better than blind, unless you can see the man’s face with a big drill wrecking your new trousers?

Oh, when he stopped drilling, the relief was just amazing. So now I need to find a Dr who will drill without questions.

I gave the sweet lady some money to get a new disc sent out with her name and number on.

So a lovely chat, as I said, she is a warm cairing no nonsense lady that I really admire.

So we are free for at least another six months. The lady is at retirement age in two years. I hope she stays longer.

If you know any, or ar that mad Doctor, feel free to contact me at.
www.LooneyFi.com

if there is such a link? Please let me in on your profits if there are any to be had. Hahaha.

Now I’m home my knee is so bad. I’m going to put a bandage on it. It helps.

Waggs is in her bed. Bless her she knows she was tested and she is still pining over the Little Fella. Still not heard anything from him. I’m sick with worry. I hoped he would be back now.

OK, just before I go for now, some words.
Dr Seuss
Christmas can’t be bought from a store… Maybe Christmas means a little bit more.

No comments: